- Best Speakers Under $100
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re putting on some killer tunes and dancing the night away or you’re playing some acoustic chill to set the ambiance at a dinner party, there aren’t many occasions where music doesn’t add to the atmosphere.
However, to get the sharpest sound possible you need a decent pair of speakers. Tinny, distorted beats, and crackling vocals certainly don’t help create the sort of mood you’re trying to set! And, unfortunately, most high-end speakers come with a pretty hefty price tag.
But there are some exceptions, and we’re here to prove it! Below, you’ll find a list of the best speakers under $100. Each of these speakers produces clear, pure sound and, most importantly, they do it without breaking the bank.
You’ll also find a handy buyer’s guide that’s packed with information on what to look out for when you’re making your decision. Are you ready? Let’s kick things off by taking a look at our top pick.
Best Speakers Under $100
These PreSonus Eris Series Studio Monitors are ideal for anybody looking for a great pair of speakers to create music with. This is because they come with over $1000 of music production software including Studio One Prime and Studio Magic Plugin Suite.
Of course, you don’t have to be a budding music producer to enjoy the sound quality that these speakers produce. The 3.5-inch woven composite drivers create a powerful bass and an accurate overall sound. Meanwhile, the 2mm ultra-low mass, silk dome, high-frequency transducer produces a wider sweet spot.
There are also high and low-frequency controls that allow you to fine-tune the sound quality depending on the space you’re in. This makes them ideal for studio and home spaces alike.
You’ve got loads of input options with these speakers, too. At the back of one of the speakers, you’ll find both TRS and AUX inputs. And, when you want to go cord-free, you can connect to them through Bluetooth 5.0 wireless stereo connectivity.
- Exceptional sound quality – features 3.5-inch woven composite drivers and a 2mm ultra low-mass silk dome for a clear, natural sound
- High and low-frequency controls – allows you to fine-tune the sound to better suit the space you’re in
- Perfect for music production – includes over $1000 worth of music production software
- Multiple input sources – choose between TRS, AUX, and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- Stylish – the black, modern design would fit in perfectly in any home or studio
- Can take a while to perfect the controls – the high and low-frequency controls are pretty sensitive and it can take a while to get used to them
- 3.5-inch (89 mm) Kevlar® low-frequency transducer
- High- and low-frequency tuning controls
- Connects to virtually any line-level source
- Offers consistent, and accurate listening
- Smooth and refined sound with one-inch silk-dome tweeter
Featuring a 2 x AUX input, these R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers from Edifier can be connected to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone jack. This means you’ll be able to pair them to your stereo, turntable, or even your phone. Even more impressively, you can connect to two devices at once, so there’s no need to switch when you want to change the input source.
The 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4-inch full range unit produce natural, studio-quality sound. There are also built-in dials that allow you to adjust the bass, treble, and volume to your personal preference.
The classic wood finish gives these speakers a modern, stylish aesthetic that would blend in with any decor. They are constructed from high-quality MDF wood too, making them extremely durable.
These speakers come with a remote control included as well, which you can use to adjust the volume and start/pause your music from the comfort of your favorite chair. It also includes a 2-year parts and labor warranty.
- Features 2x AUX inputs – can be quickly and easily connected to any device with a 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connect to two devices at once – no need to fuss with switching cable when you want to change audio devices
- 13mm silk dome tweeter – produces studio-quality sound
- Adjustable controls – you’re given the power to adjust the bass, treble, and volume
- Durable – made from high-quality MDF wood and comes with a 2-year part and labor warranty
- No Bluetooth connection – while these speakers offer 2 x AUX inputs, they don’t allow you to connect your device via Bluetooth
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed. (None Bluetooth version)
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust volume at your figure tips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - High quality MDF wood build finished with wood effect vinyl serves as a great compliment to any home decor.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
These MB42X Advanced Bookshelf Speakers are ideal if you’re looking for something that won’t take up too much space. Measuring just 9.5-inches high and 5.8-inches wide, they’ll fit compactly onto a shelf. They also have a super-stylish matte black vinyl finish that gives them a modern appeal.
Don’t be fooled into thinking that their small size means they lack anything in terms of sound quality, though. To begin with, they feature a balanced woven carbon fiber woofer that produces enhanced transient sound and a powerful bass.
They also feature a high-performance silk dome tweeter that creates a smooth treble and accurate imaging. Meanwhile, the ported enclosure delivers an extended bass response with low distortion.
Finally, they feature an 18dB/Octave crossover. All of these things combined add up to a pair of speakers that can produce an amazingly open, balanced, dynamic sound. To top it off, the magnetic grill system allows you to easily remove and replace the front baffle to expose the drivers.
- Perfect for smaller spaces – each speaker measures just 9.5-inches high and 5.8-inches wide
- Balanced woven carbon fiber woofer – produces a powerful bass and transient sound
- High-performance silk dome tweeter – creates a smooth treble and accurate imaging
- Ported enclosure – delivers extended bass with low distortion
- Magnetic grill system – allows you to easily remove the front baffle and expose the drivers
- These speakers are not self-powered – this means that you’ll have to pair them with an amplifier or receiver to play music
- The MB42X is a demonstration of our designers’ love for the classic compact bookshelf speaker. Handsomely styled with simple contours and modern design cues, the MB42X is easy to place and blends into any room or decor. Its enhanced audio capability makes it a great fit with a wide range of usage scenarios, including living room stereo, home theater surround sound, office background music, or computer desktop sound.
- Compact ported enclosure houses a balanced woven carbon fiber woofer delivering enhanced transient and impactful bass, and a high performance silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging. Highly optimized 18dB crossover with Zobel network and baffle step compensation yields a transformed sound signature that is incredibly open, balanced, and dynamic.
- Magnetic front grill system is easy to take off and put on. Leave them off for an ultra clean front baffle with no grill holes to show off the incredibly handsome drivers. Full size 5-way binding posts provide the full complement of speaker wire connectivity options. Hex screws are used throughout for assembly.
- Home Trial, Satisfaction Guaranteed - Listen for yourself, try them in your home with your music. Place the MB42X along a wall or near a corner of the room for best results. They can be used on desks, book/wall shelves, or on speaker stands.
- Specifications: Woofer: 4" Carbon Fiber, Rubber Surround; Tweeter: 0.75" Silk Dome; Crossover: 18dB/Octave; Enclosure: Ported; Frequency Response: 60Hz-20kHz; Impedance: 4-8 Ohms; Sensitivity: 85dB 1W/1M; Power Handling: 75 Watts (Each); Dimensions: 9.5" (H) x 5.8" (W) x 6.5"
If you’re looking for a small pair of speakers but you don’t want to worry about adding an amplifier or receiver to them, these Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers from BESTISAN are a great choice.
As their name suggests, you can pair your device to them wirelessly through Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity. They also feature a standard audio cable connection, RCA input, and optical input. Put simply, you’ll be able to pair any device with these speakers quickly and easily!
They have a 4-inch subwoofer unit and a 13mm silk dome that produces a strong bass and a clear, powerful sound. They also feature 4-inch bass drivers and a bass reflex port that enhances the bass. And, for ultimate control, you can even adjust the bass and treble using the built-in dials on the side of the speaker.
Another standout feature that these speakers have to offer is their 3 different equalizer modes. These automatically adjust the bass and treble frequencies depending on whether you’re listening to dialogue, music, or watching a movie with the sound playing through the speakers.
- Multiple connection options – features Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless connectivity as well as a standard audio cable connection, RCA input, and an optical input.
- 4-inch subwoofer and 13mm silk dome – produces a clean, powerful sound and a strong bass
- 4-inch bass drivers and bass reflex port – enhances and provides a deeper sound on tracks with a heavy bass
- Built-in adjustable sound controls – the three dials located on the side of the speakers allow you to adjust treble, bass, and volume
- Features 3 equalizer modes – choose between Dialogue Mode, Music Mode, and Move Mode to automatically adjust the bass and treble depending on what you’re listening to
- These speakers don’t automatically connect to Bluetooth – this means that you’ll need to reconnect every time you want to use the Bluetooth function
- 3 different equalizer modes: Fine tune your Bookshelf speakers with 3 distinct equalizer modes ( Dialogue mode, music mode, movie mode) via the remote control to match your favorite sound.Advanced audio settings:Bass & treble adjustable to match your favorite sound.
- Multiple wireless and wired connections: easily connect to the Bookshelf Speakers via Bluetooth 5.0 or standard audio cable Connection, RCA, and optical input.
- Superior sound quality：50W continuous undistorted power, 4-inch sub-woofer unit and 13mm silk dome tweeter unit ensure strong bass and bring more impactful sound.
- 4-inch bass drivers – Balanced natural sound with the 4-inch driver and a bass reflex port to enhance bass. 6 ohm impedance
- Classic wood finish:High quality MDF wood build finished with wood effect vinyl serves as a great compliment to any home decor.Enjoy your classic vinyl’s while enjoying the advancements in modern day audio technology.
The final choice of our list of best speakers under $100 is the Portable Bluetooth Speaker from Ortizan. It’s also the least expensive option we’ve listed, so it’s ideal for anybody working with a limited budget.
Inexpensive doesn’t always mean ineffective, though! This powerful little speaker features an aluminum alloy bass diaphragm and 24W full-frequency dual drivers that produce clean, undistorted sound every time.
You’re also able to choose between three audio modes; Vocal, 3D Deep Bass, and Extra Bass. This automatically adjusts the treble and bass frequencies and produces realistic, natural sounds whether you’re listening to a podcast or a track with a thumping bass.
The Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity allows you to play music wirelessly through your phone or any other Bluetooth device from up to 66ft away. It’s also fully rechargeable and offers 30 hours of uninterrupted playback from a single charge. This incredible speaker is waterproof too, so it’s ideal for taking on vacation and listening to music by the pool!
- Aluminum alloy bass diaphragm & 24W full-frequency dual drivers – produces a clean, natural sound every time
- Three audio modes – choose between Vocal, 3D Deep Bass, and Extra Bass to achieve the best sound possible for the tracks you’re listening to
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity – can be easily paired with your smartphone or any other device with Bluetooth technology
- Rechargeable battery – get up to 30 hours of wireless playback from a single charge
- Waterproof and sand proof – ideal for taking on vacation or listening to music in your garden
- Only offers Bluetooth connectivity – this means you won’t be able to pair it with any device that uses an AUX, RCA, or any other wired input
- 【Upgraded Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Stereo Sound】This upgraded version of portable bluetooth speaker is equipped with a 24W stereo audio processor, and the digital signal processor has been improved to ensure a high-fidelity sound system, eatra bass technology for powerful sound. The equalizer can be changed to 3 audio modes, Vocal, 3D Deep Bass and Extra Bass. All the sounds from the speaker bluetooth are crisp, natural, realistic, and free of scratches.
- 【RGB colorful lights show】This wireless bluetooth speaker is not only a speaker, but also has a unique LED rhythm light, providing a total of 7 different color changes. The lights will dance to the rhythm of the music, immersing you in the singing. It's able to produce impressive sound when you are gaming, enjoying music or watching movies, and you can turn off the lights at any time when you meet your needs.
- 【IPX7 Waterproof Speaker】IPX7 waterproof function can prevent rain, dust, snow, splash, sand and mud. You can use this waterproof bluetooth speaker in shower, swimming pool, camping and other outdoor activities without worrying about water ingress or outdoor weather conditions, a great portable speakers bluetooth for Travel, Home.
- 【30 Hours Play Time】Using durable rechargeable lithium battery, the ortizan bluetooth speaker does not exceed 3 hours per charge and can play or make calls (built in Microphone) for more than 30 hours. You can listen to music uninterrupted from day to night. It is very suitable as a holiday gift for birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, family and friends, boys and girls.
- 【Bluetooth 5.0 Stable Connection and Dual pairing】The Bluetooth 5.0 advanced chip provides a faster and more stable bluetooth connection within a normal range of 66 feet/20 meters without signal interference. It can easily and quickly connect to any device such as smartphones, MP3, TVs, and laptops. Support SD card, AUX-in and USB drive. True Wireless Stereo technology provides separate left and right channels, allows you to truly enjoy the surround sound of the cinema.
As you can see, there are some fantastic speakers available for under $100. However, before you settle on your final decision, it’s important to take a moment to consider what speakers would be best for your individual needs.
Below, we’ve put together a list of key points to give a little thought to when you first start shopping for your speakers. Making sure you’ve covered all of these bases will help you find that perfect pair of speakers and, ultimately, will save you time and money.
This is potentially the most important thing to consider when you’re purchasing a pair of speakers for under $100 as a lower price can often mean lower quality. However, keeping an eye out for a few features will ensure you’re getting the best sound quality possible while still saving money.
The first thing to look for is high-quality drivers. These enhance the bass and generally make sure that the sound coming out of your speakers is as clean as possible.
A silk dome tweeter is another fantastic feature to look for in a speaker. This is responsible for the translation of electrical signals into physical vibrations which, in turn, creates sound. Some speakers feature metal dome tweeters which are also good, but most audiophiles tend to agree that silk dome tweeters have the upper hand in terms of producing natural sound.
It’s also a good idea to choose a speaker that features a subwoofer. This reproduces very low bass frequencies and, as such, is capable of producing a clearer, less-distorted sound across a wider range of frequencies.
If you’re still not 100% certain about what to look for in terms of sound quality, we’d recommend choosing a speaker that features some automatic modes. These will adjust the treble and bass frequencies for you depending on what you’re listening to.
For example, if you’re using your speakers to listen to your favorite podcast, choosing a “Vocals” mode will enhance the vocal quality of the track. Likewise, if you’re listening to a track with a heavy bass, choosing an “Extra Bass” mode will reproduce the frequency more clearly and remove the risk of hearing a harsh, electrical thump.
Connectivity is also incredibly important when you’re choosing your speakers, and it all comes down to a case of wired vs. wireless.
Let’s look at wired, first of all. If you’ve got an old-style stereo system or a record player that you’d like to connect to your speakers, you’re probably better off with a speaker that has an AUX, RCA, or standard audio cable connection. You may also be able to connect your smartphone or laptop with a wired connection as long as it has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
However, if you’re solely looking for a way to play music through your smartphone, tablet, or laptop, a speaker that has Bluetooth connectivity would probably be the best choice. This will allow you to connect wirelessly which is arguably the easiest and fastest way of getting your tunes pumping!
If you’d like the best of both worlds, we’d recommend going for a speaker that offers both wired and Bluetooth connectivity. The PreSonus Eris Series Studios Monitors is one example of this.
Finally, it’s a good idea to think about the design of your speakers. You’re going to be putting these into your home or your studio after all, and it’s best if they blend in with the rest of your decor.
Of course, this will entirely depend on your personal style preferences and there are a couple of options to choose from. If you want that classic look, a pair of speakers that are made from MDF wood or wood-vinyl would be a good choice. Or, if you’re after something a little more modern, perhaps you’d prefer the sleek finish of a matte black vinyl finish.
Design goes beyond pure aesthetics, though. Some speakers are designed to be portable and feature rechargeable batteries that allow you to move them around your home. These are also ideal if you’re looking for a way to play music in your garden or if you’re going on vacation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best speaker for under $100?
Yes, you can! There are actually a few excellent speakers that cost less than $100, and we’ve compiled a list of the best above. If we were to pick one out as the best, however, we would choose the PreSonus Eris Series Studios Monitors.
These are capable of producing excellent sound quality, they feature built-in high and low-frequency controls, and they have multiple input sources. They also come with over $1000 worth of music production software included, so they are excellent for a budding music producer.
What is better – Bluetooth or wired connection?
This really comes down to personal preference, but there are pros and cons to each. Speakers with a Bluetooth connection make it quick and easy to play your music or podcasts wirelessly.
However, they can suffer from ‘spotting’ issues and you may find that, if you move too far away from the speakers, the sound begins to distort.
Speakers with a wired connection (such as AUX, RCA, or a standard audio connection) generally create a more stable connection. However, they do limit devices you can connect to your speakers.
What should I look for when buying speakers?
There are a few things to keep an eye out for when you’re choosing speakers for your home or studio. First of all, they should have features that allow them to produce excellent audio. These include high-quality drivers, a silk dome tweeter, a subwoofer, and more.
They should also feature multiple input options and they should have an automatic mode that adjusts the sound quality for you depending on what you’re listening to.
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API