- Best Speakers Under $100
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re putting on some killer tunes and dancing the night away or you’re playing some acoustic chill to set the ambiance at a dinner party, there aren’t many occasions where music doesn’t add to the atmosphere.
However, to get the sharpest sound possible you need a decent pair of speakers. Tinny, distorted beats, and crackling vocals certainly don’t help create the sort of mood you’re trying to set! And, unfortunately, most high-end speakers come with a pretty hefty price tag.
But there are some exceptions, and we’re here to prove it! Below, you’ll find a list of the best speakers under $100. Each of these speakers produces clear, pure sound and, most importantly, they do it without breaking the bank.
You’ll also find a handy buyer’s guide that’s packed with information on what to look out for when you’re making your decision. Are you ready? Let’s kick things off by taking a look at our top pick.
Best Speakers Under $100
These PreSonus Eris Series Studio Monitors are ideal for anybody looking for a great pair of speakers to create music with. This is because they come with over $1000 of music production software including Studio One Prime and Studio Magic Plugin Suite.
Of course, you don’t have to be a budding music producer to enjoy the sound quality that these speakers produce. The 3.5-inch woven composite drivers create a powerful bass and an accurate overall sound. Meanwhile, the 2mm ultra-low mass, silk dome, high-frequency transducer produces a wider sweet spot.
There are also high and low-frequency controls that allow you to fine-tune the sound quality depending on the space you’re in. This makes them ideal for studio and home spaces alike.
You’ve got loads of input options with these speakers, too. At the back of one of the speakers, you’ll find both TRS and AUX inputs. And, when you want to go cord-free, you can connect to them through Bluetooth 5.0 wireless stereo connectivity.
- Exceptional sound quality – features 3.5-inch woven composite drivers and a 2mm ultra low-mass silk dome for a clear, natural sound
- High and low-frequency controls – allows you to fine-tune the sound to better suit the space you’re in
- Perfect for music production – includes over $1000 worth of music production software
- Multiple input sources – choose between TRS, AUX, and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- Stylish – the black, modern design would fit in perfectly in any home or studio
- Can take a while to perfect the controls – the high and low-frequency controls are pretty sensitive and it can take a while to get used to them
- The reviews speak for themselves!
- The only true studio monitor for multimedia, gaming, watching movies, or producing your next hit.
- Now comes included with Studio One Prime and Studio Magic plug-in suite, over $1000 USD worth of music production software.
- 3.5-inch woven composite drivers produce a more powerful bass response with a more accurate overall sound.
- 1" ultra-low-mass silk-dome tweeters eliminate harshness and provide balanced high-frequency sound.
Featuring a 2 x AUX input, these R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers from Edifier can be connected to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone jack. This means you’ll be able to pair them to your stereo, turntable, or even your phone. Even more impressively, you can connect to two devices at once, so there’s no need to switch when you want to change the input source.
The 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4-inch full range unit produce natural, studio-quality sound. There are also built-in dials that allow you to adjust the bass, treble, and volume to your personal preference.
The classic wood finish gives these speakers a modern, stylish aesthetic that would blend in with any decor. They are constructed from high-quality MDF wood too, making them extremely durable.
These speakers come with a remote control included as well, which you can use to adjust the volume and start/pause your music from the comfort of your favorite chair. It also includes a 2-year parts and labor warranty.
- Features 2x AUX inputs – can be quickly and easily connected to any device with a 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connect to two devices at once – no need to fuss with switching cable when you want to change audio devices
- 13mm silk dome tweeter – produces studio-quality sound
- Adjustable controls – you’re given the power to adjust the bass, treble, and volume
- Durable – made from high-quality MDF wood and comes with a 2-year part and labor warranty
- No Bluetooth connection – while these speakers offer 2 x AUX inputs, they don’t allow you to connect your device via Bluetooth
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed. (None Bluetooth version)
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust volume at your figure tips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - High quality MDF wood build finished with wood effect vinyl serves as a great compliment to any home decor.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
These MB42X Advanced Bookshelf Speakers are ideal if you’re looking for something that won’t take up too much space. Measuring just 9.5-inches high and 5.8-inches wide, they’ll fit compactly onto a shelf. They also have a super-stylish matte black vinyl finish that gives them a modern appeal.
Don’t be fooled into thinking that their small size means they lack anything in terms of sound quality, though. To begin with, they feature a balanced woven carbon fiber woofer that produces enhanced transient sound and a powerful bass.
They also feature a high-performance silk dome tweeter that creates a smooth treble and accurate imaging. Meanwhile, the ported enclosure delivers an extended bass response with low distortion.
Finally, they feature an 18dB/Octave crossover. All of these things combined add up to a pair of speakers that can produce an amazingly open, balanced, dynamic sound. To top it off, the magnetic grill system allows you to easily remove and replace the front baffle to expose the drivers.
- Perfect for smaller spaces – each speaker measures just 9.5-inches high and 5.8-inches wide
- Balanced woven carbon fiber woofer – produces a powerful bass and transient sound
- High-performance silk dome tweeter – creates a smooth treble and accurate imaging
- Ported enclosure – delivers extended bass with low distortion
- Magnetic grill system – allows you to easily remove the front baffle and expose the drivers
- These speakers are not self-powered – this means that you’ll have to pair them with an amplifier or receiver to play music
- The MB42X is a demonstration of our designers’ love for the classic compact bookshelf speaker. Handsomely styled with simple contours and modern design cues, the MB42X is easy to place and blends into any room or decor. Its enhanced audio capability makes it a great fit with a wide range of usage scenarios, including living room stereo, home theater surround sound, office background music, or computer desktop sound.
- Compact ported enclosure houses a balanced woven carbon fiber woofer delivering enhanced transient and impactful bass, and a high performance silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging. Highly optimized 18dB crossover with Zobel network and baffle step compensation yields a transformed sound signature that is incredibly open, balanced, and dynamic.
- Magnetic front grill system is easy to take off and put on. Leave them off for an ultra clean front baffle with no grill holes to show off the incredibly handsome drivers. Full size 5-way binding posts provide the full complement of speaker wire connectivity options. Hex screws are used throughout for assembly.
- Home Trial, Satisfaction Guaranteed - Listen for yourself, try them in your home with your music. Place the MB42X along a wall or near a corner of the room for best results. They can be used on desks, book/wall shelves, or on speaker stands.
- Specifications: Woofer: 4" Carbon Fiber, Rubber Surround; Tweeter: 0.75" Silk Dome; Crossover: 18dB/Octave; Enclosure: Ported; Frequency Response: 60Hz-20kHz; Impedance: 4-8 Ohms; Sensitivity: 85dB 1W/1M; Power Handling: 75 Watts (Each); Dimensions: 9.5" (H) x 5.8" (W) x 6.5"
If you’re looking for a small pair of speakers but you don’t want to worry about adding an amplifier or receiver to them, these Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers from BESTISAN are a great choice.
As their name suggests, you can pair your device to them wirelessly through Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity. They also feature a standard audio cable connection, RCA input, and optical input. Put simply, you’ll be able to pair any device with these speakers quickly and easily!
They have a 4-inch subwoofer unit and a 13mm silk dome that produces a strong bass and a clear, powerful sound. They also feature 4-inch bass drivers and a bass reflex port that enhances the bass. And, for ultimate control, you can even adjust the bass and treble using the built-in dials on the side of the speaker.
Another standout feature that these speakers have to offer is their 3 different equalizer modes. These automatically adjust the bass and treble frequencies depending on whether you’re listening to dialogue, music, or watching a movie with the sound playing through the speakers.
- Multiple connection options – features Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless connectivity as well as a standard audio cable connection, RCA input, and an optical input.
- 4-inch subwoofer and 13mm silk dome – produces a clean, powerful sound and a strong bass
- 4-inch bass drivers and bass reflex port – enhances and provides a deeper sound on tracks with a heavy bass
- Built-in adjustable sound controls – the three dials located on the side of the speakers allow you to adjust treble, bass, and volume
- Features 3 equalizer modes – choose between Dialogue Mode, Music Mode, and Move Mode to automatically adjust the bass and treble depending on what you’re listening to
- These speakers don’t automatically connect to Bluetooth – this means that you’ll need to reconnect every time you want to use the Bluetooth function
- Stunning Sound for All Entertainment- Use this bookshelf speakers to watch TV, listen to music and play games, you will always hear every instrument, dialogue, explosion, and detail with pristine clarity and ear-pleasing loudness.
- Stream Music Wireless- Popular classic bookshelf speakers now can be enjoyed without the hassle of wires. Easily connect to the sound bar via Bluetooth 5.0 to an iPhone, Android, Tablet, PC or Mac.
- Button Control and LED indicator- Control the speaker via volume knob on the back panel of powered speaker, LED indicator will shows you the different input mode.
- Classic Wood Finish- High quality MDF wood build finished with wood grain effect serves as a good decor for your home.
- What’s in the package- 1*SR04F, 1*RCA-3.5mm audio cable, 1*RCA-RCA audio cable, 1* power adapter, 1*speaker connecting cable, 1* user’s manual.
The final choice of our list of best speakers under $100 is the Portable Bluetooth Speaker from Ortizan. It’s also the least expensive option we’ve listed, so it’s ideal for anybody working with a limited budget.
Inexpensive doesn’t always mean ineffective, though! This powerful little speaker features an aluminum alloy bass diaphragm and 24W full-frequency dual drivers that produce clean, undistorted sound every time.
You’re also able to choose between three audio modes; Vocal, 3D Deep Bass, and Extra Bass. This automatically adjusts the treble and bass frequencies and produces realistic, natural sounds whether you’re listening to a podcast or a track with a thumping bass.
The Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity allows you to play music wirelessly through your phone or any other Bluetooth device from up to 66ft away. It’s also fully rechargeable and offers 30 hours of uninterrupted playback from a single charge. This incredible speaker is waterproof too, so it’s ideal for taking on vacation and listening to music by the pool!
- Aluminum alloy bass diaphragm & 24W full-frequency dual drivers – produces a clean, natural sound every time
- Three audio modes – choose between Vocal, 3D Deep Bass, and Extra Bass to achieve the best sound possible for the tracks you’re listening to
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity – can be easily paired with your smartphone or any other device with Bluetooth technology
- Rechargeable battery – get up to 30 hours of wireless playback from a single charge
- Waterproof and sand proof – ideal for taking on vacation or listening to music in your garden
- Only offers Bluetooth connectivity – this means you won’t be able to pair it with any device that uses an AUX, RCA, or any other wired input
- IMMERSIVE, POWERFUL SOUND: The Ortizan Portable Bluetooth Speaker, featuring the latest independent audio processing unit and dual-precision acoustic stereo drivers, handles crisp highs and mids brilliantly without noticeable crackling at maximum volume. Using DSP technology, two 12W subwoofers and aluminum passive radiators can provide deep and accurate bass, perfectly restore the most authentic sound, giving you the top audio-visual feast!
- IPX7 EXTREME WATERPROOF SPEAKER: This outdoor waterproof speaker is durable enough for any extreme adventure. And after rigorous testing, it has reached the IPX7 waterproof standard. It is completely waterproof and can even float on the surface, fully submerged in 3.3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. So you can use it at sea, in the pool, on a boat or in the shower and wherever you want to use it.
- 30 HOURS OF EPIC PLAYTIME: High-capacity bluetooth speakers with the latest battery technology found in high-end electric vehicles provide up to 30 hours of playback time on a single charge, allowing you to enjoy non-stop music anytime, anywhere! Of course, you can also double-tap the speaker's "EQ" button to turn off the colored lights if you want to extend battery life (actual playback time varies with volume, audio content, and usage).
- INCREDIBLE 66FT BLUETOOTH RANGE: The Otizan Wireless Bluetooth Speaker uses the latest Bluetooth 5.0 wireless transmission technology for fast and stable connection to your Bluetooth devices. With an incredible Bluetooth range of up to 66 feet, listen to music, e-books or news even while walking around the house! This portable speaker has extensive compatibility and can be paired with any phone, tablet, laptop and Bluetooth device.
- TRUE WIRELESS STEREO FUNCTION: True wireless stereo function, paired with two Ortizan speakers, the playback of the left and right channels is separated by two wireless Bluetooth speakers, just control the true wireless stereo master device, you can play audio on the two devices synchronously, Experience the thrill of double stereo enhancement! Order now and enjoy our 12-month worry-free warranty and friendly customer service.
As you can see, there are some fantastic speakers available for under $100. However, before you settle on your final decision, it’s important to take a moment to consider what speakers would be best for your individual needs.
Below, we’ve put together a list of key points to give a little thought to when you first start shopping for your speakers. Making sure you’ve covered all of these bases will help you find that perfect pair of speakers and, ultimately, will save you time and money.
This is potentially the most important thing to consider when you’re purchasing a pair of speakers for under $100 as a lower price can often mean lower quality. However, keeping an eye out for a few features will ensure you’re getting the best sound quality possible while still saving money.
The first thing to look for is high-quality drivers. These enhance the bass and generally make sure that the sound coming out of your speakers is as clean as possible.
A silk dome tweeter is another fantastic feature to look for in a speaker. This is responsible for the translation of electrical signals into physical vibrations which, in turn, creates sound. Some speakers feature metal dome tweeters which are also good, but most audiophiles tend to agree that silk dome tweeters have the upper hand in terms of producing natural sound.
It’s also a good idea to choose a speaker that features a subwoofer. This reproduces very low bass frequencies and, as such, is capable of producing a clearer, less-distorted sound across a wider range of frequencies.
If you’re still not 100% certain about what to look for in terms of sound quality, we’d recommend choosing a speaker that features some automatic modes. These will adjust the treble and bass frequencies for you depending on what you’re listening to.
For example, if you’re using your speakers to listen to your favorite podcast, choosing a “Vocals” mode will enhance the vocal quality of the track. Likewise, if you’re listening to a track with a heavy bass, choosing an “Extra Bass” mode will reproduce the frequency more clearly and remove the risk of hearing a harsh, electrical thump.
Connectivity is also incredibly important when you’re choosing your speakers, and it all comes down to a case of wired vs. wireless.
Let’s look at wired, first of all. If you’ve got an old-style stereo system or a record player that you’d like to connect to your speakers, you’re probably better off with a speaker that has an AUX, RCA, or standard audio cable connection. You may also be able to connect your smartphone or laptop with a wired connection as long as it has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
However, if you’re solely looking for a way to play music through your smartphone, tablet, or laptop, a speaker that has Bluetooth connectivity would probably be the best choice. This will allow you to connect wirelessly which is arguably the easiest and fastest way of getting your tunes pumping!
If you’d like the best of both worlds, we’d recommend going for a speaker that offers both wired and Bluetooth connectivity. The PreSonus Eris Series Studios Monitors is one example of this.
Finally, it’s a good idea to think about the design of your speakers. You’re going to be putting these into your home or your studio after all, and it’s best if they blend in with the rest of your decor.
Of course, this will entirely depend on your personal style preferences and there are a couple of options to choose from. If you want that classic look, a pair of speakers that are made from MDF wood or wood-vinyl would be a good choice. Or, if you’re after something a little more modern, perhaps you’d prefer the sleek finish of a matte black vinyl finish.
Design goes beyond pure aesthetics, though. Some speakers are designed to be portable and feature rechargeable batteries that allow you to move them around your home. These are also ideal if you’re looking for a way to play music in your garden or if you’re going on vacation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best speaker for under $100?
Yes, you can! There are actually a few excellent speakers that cost less than $100, and we’ve compiled a list of the best above. If we were to pick one out as the best, however, we would choose the PreSonus Eris Series Studios Monitors.
These are capable of producing excellent sound quality, they feature built-in high and low-frequency controls, and they have multiple input sources. They also come with over $1000 worth of music production software included, so they are excellent for a budding music producer.
What is better – Bluetooth or wired connection?
This really comes down to personal preference, but there are pros and cons to each. Speakers with a Bluetooth connection make it quick and easy to play your music or podcasts wirelessly.
However, they can suffer from ‘spotting’ issues and you may find that, if you move too far away from the speakers, the sound begins to distort.
Speakers with a wired connection (such as AUX, RCA, or a standard audio connection) generally create a more stable connection. However, they do limit devices you can connect to your speakers.
What should I look for when buying speakers?
There are a few things to keep an eye out for when you’re choosing speakers for your home or studio. First of all, they should have features that allow them to produce excellent audio. These include high-quality drivers, a silk dome tweeter, a subwoofer, and more.
They should also feature multiple input options and they should have an automatic mode that adjusts the sound quality for you depending on what you’re listening to.
Last update on 2022-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API