- 1. AmazonBasics Adjustable Speaker Stand
- 2. Atlantic Adjustable Height Speaker Stands
- 3. PERLESMITH Universal Floor Speaker Stands
- 4. Sanus Adjustable Height Speaker Stand
- 5. PERLESMITH Speaker Stands
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you are wanting to create a home cinema or are wanting perfect speaker sound for an event you are hosting, speaker stands are a great place to stand.
By having the speakers at ear height with adjustability, you can enjoy the benefits of having improved sound quality no matter where you place them.
However, it can be difficult to find the perfect speaker stand with so many options on the market. We’ve gathered the top five choices that you should consider whatever your budget followed by a Buyers Guide and FAQ which tells you everything you need to know when conducting your own research on speaker stands.
Don’t have time to read the full guide? Find out our top pick here:
Our top pick is the AmazonBasics Adjustable Speaker Stand which is sold individually and is a tripod speaker stand that has an incredibly easy speaker setup. This stand is ideal for various uses including on stage, in a studio or in the home.
With a maximum weight capacity of 110 pounds, this speaker is perfect for those who are choosing their first speaker as they are easy to use and install.
With an adjustable height range of 4.1 to 6.6 feet, the tripod legs are sturdy, long and expandable which allows for stability and durability in any environment.
So what makes this our winner? This speaker stand has been constructed with a durable steel tube which provides reliable strength while the upper shaft measures 35mm in diameter so it has plenty of support throughout its structure for small and medium weighted speakers.
This speaker stand comes with a safety pin which ensures the secure speaker placement while the black finish allows for easy coordination with other technical equipment.
AmazonBasics backs all of their products with a one year limited warranty so you can have peace of mind.
Our first recommendation is the AmazonBasics Adjustable Speaker Stand which is made from a variety of strong and sturdy materials including a steel tube which is durable and provides plenty of strength and support.
The upper shaft of the tube measures 35mm making it easy to feed the wires through with no problems.
This speaker stand has a sleek black finish meaning it aesthetically matches other technical equipment while the safety pin that comes with it helps to secure the speaker in place without worrying about it falling off.
Amazon also backs this speaker stand up with a one year warranty so you can be assured of the performance.
This speaker stand has a tripod stand that makes it ideal for all kinds of scenarios including on stage, in studios or in the home.
With an easy set up and installation, this speaker stand has a maximum weight capacity of 110 pounds and an adjustable height between 4.1 to 6.6 feet meaning that you can have the best sound quality. The legs of the tripod are incredibly stable on any surface as they are long, expandable and sturdy.
- Made from a variety of strong and sturdy materials including a steel tube which is durable and provides plenty of strength and support
- Comes with a one year warranty so you can be assured of the performance
- Has a tripod stand that makes it ideal for all kinds of scenarios including on stage, in studios or in the home
- Cannot withstand heavier speakers
- Tripod speaker stand for easy speaker setup; ideal for use on stage, in a studio, or at home
- 110-pound maximum weight capacity; adjustable height (4.1 to 6.6 feet); sturdy, expandable, long tripod legs provide stability in any environment
- Constructed with a durable steel tube for reliable strength; upper shaft measures 1.4 inches (35mm) in diameter
- Safety pin ensures secure speaker placement; black finish for easy coordinating with other equipment
- Backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
Our second selection are the Atlantic Adjustable Height Speaker Stands which have an array of practical features including height adjustability with sturdy cast iron supports that provide a sleek appearance as they hide all cables away in the pole and base with ease.
These speaker stands help to provide optimum sound quality. The cast iron construction contributes to the durability and stability of the stand while it can also withstand heavier speakers with ease.
They also prevent accidents and injury thanks to the concealing aspect as the wires are kept within the pole and base of the stand. This also helps to keep the speaker firmly in place when in use as well.
These speaker stands are ideal for those who want an incredibly strong stand. The base consists of three different sides which provide support around the whole perimeter of the speaker, meaning that they can balance on top perfectly with no issues.
The non marring feet mean that the speaker stands can be placed on any surface without damaging or scratching hard floors or sliding across the ground.
The hard wearing nature means that these speaker stands can be used in an array of scenarios such as the home or on stage.
- The cast iron construction contributes to the durability and stability of the stand while it can also withstand heavier speakers with ease
- Prevents accidents and injury thanks to the concealing aspect as the wires are kept within the pole and base of the stand
- The non marring feet mean that the speaker stands can be placed on any surface without damaging or scratching hard floors or sliding across the ground
- The mounting bar sticks forward in the design
- 2 adjustable speaker stands
- Hold most satellite speakers
- Height Adjustable from 27"-48"
- Hold up to 5 lbs combined
- Dimensions 11.5" W x 10.5" D x 49.25" H
Our third choice are the PERLESMITH Universal Floor Speaker Stands which have a controlled cable management system thanks to the large hole located in the tube which is used to thread the cables through and keeps them from causing a mess.
These speaker stands boast super compatibility and can accommodate speakers from Sony, Yamaha and Edifier among many others as well as speakers that exceed 22lbs.
The tool free assembly is ideal for those who don’t want to spend too much time installing and setting up the speaker stands. They come with isolation pads that help to dampen vibrations as well as other unwanted resonances.
With a robust and heavy duty design, these speaker stands are made from premium metal and glass which helps to minimize any resonances as well as providing plenty of stability.
The built in carpet spikes and rubber pads help to meet every need as well as protecting all floors from any scratching or other kind of damage. The 45 degree adjustable mount means that you can position the speaker stands to your preferred height and angle.
- Boast super compatibility and can accommodate speakers from Sony, Yamaha and Edifier among many others as well as speakers that exceed 22lbs
- Come with isolation pads that help to dampen vibrations as well as other unwanted resonances
- The built in carpet spikes and rubber pads help to meet every need as well as protecting all floors from any scratching or other kind of damage
- High price point
- CABLE MANAGEMENT - Large hole for running cables through the tube to keep messy wires clean and organized
- COMPATIBILITY - Universal surround sound speaker stand system for satellite speakers, Klipsch, Sony, Yamaha, Edifier, Polk & Other bookshelf speakers, and more up to 22lbs
- TOOL-FREE ASSEMBLY - Just put the speaker on the stand and isolation pads are included to further dampen vibrations and unwanted resonances
- ROBUST & HEAVY-DUTY DESIGN - Premium metal and glass speaker stands to help minimise resonances and provide added stability. Built in carpet spikes and rubber pads to meet different needs and protect floors from scratching
- 45°ADJUSTABLE TOP PLATE - 45 degree adjustable mount for speaker positioning to customize your listening experience
Our penultimate recommendation is the Sanus Adjustable Height Speaker Stand which has a versatile design that can hold satellite speakers that weigh up to 3.5lbs.
They are compatible with a variety of speakers from reputable brands such as Bose, Sony, JBL and much more. With a height adjustability of 10”, this speaker stand can hold speakers between 28” and 38” making them incredibly versatile for all kinds of situations and venues.
The collar on the design is easy to use and makes adjusting the height as convenient and safe as possible so you can have the best listening experience.
This speaker stand is made from steel and has a wide base so it can deliver high sound quality with durability and stability.
The built in cable management channel ensures that all wires are safely tucked away to prevent any accidents or injuries.
This speaker stand comes with top plate, L shaped brackets as well as a keyhole adapter so it has maximum compatibility with the majority of speakers.
It also comes with a five year warranty as well as unlimited access to Sanus’ experienced customer service team who are always on hand to assist should you run into any issues.
For those who want the best returns policy for their money, this is definitely one of the best options for you as it is a product that boasts longevity.
- With a height adjustability of 10”, this speaker stand can hold speakers between 28” and 38” making them incredibly versatile for all kinds of situations and venues
- Comes with top plate, L shaped brackets as well as a keyhole adapter so it has maximum compatibility with the majority of speakers
- Comes with a five year warranty as well as unlimited access to Sanus’ experienced customer service team who are always on hand to assist should you run into any issues
- Can be tricky to set up initially due to the wire feeding design
- Versatile design holds satellite speakers up to 3.5 lbs. These speaker stands are compatible with Bose, Harmon Kardon, Polk, JBL, Sony, and more.
- Optimize your listening experience with 10" of height adjust. Easy to use collar makes height changes a breeze. Holds your speakers between 28" - 38".
- Built from steel with a wide base to deliver high-quality sound. Built-in cable management channel helps keep your speaker wire out of the way.
- Set Includes top plate, L-shaped brackets and keyhole adapter to maximize compatibility with your speakers.
- Experience the Sanus difference. Comes with a 5-year warranty, and top-notch customer service. Our experts are ready to chat 7 days a week if you have questions or run into a snag.
Our final selection are the PERLESMITH Speaker Stands which has an adjustable height that provides a customized sound. The extendable tube can be adjusted between 30 to 44” which allows for clearer sound quality.
Simply adjust the post assembly to your desired height. The heavy duty cast iron construction has a triangle base which provides more stability and durability which can support speakers that weigh up to 3.6kg per stand.
With two options for the base feet, you can prevent the speaker stands from sliding across the surface.
These speaker stands come with a concealed wire path that helps to prevent any tangling or incidents with the wire. The tube has a wider diameter so the cable can be threaded through the pipe easily.
These speaker stands have three mounting configurations including L shaped, keyhole and top plate options which can fit a wider range of speakers.
The L shaped options are for vertical holes, keyhole adapter bars are for horizontal holes and the top plate has 2 holes on the bottom of the speaker. These speaker stands are easy to use and set up while providing much stability.
- The extendable tube can be adjusted between 30 to 44” which allows for clearer sound quality
- The heavy duty cast iron construction has a triangle base which provides more stability and durability which can support speakers that weigh up to 3.6kg per stand
- These speaker stands have three mounting configurations including L shaped, keyhole and top plate options which can fit a wider range of speakers
- The plastic caps can fall off so they need to be glued in place
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT FOR CUSTOMIZED SOUND: Extendable tube is adjustable from 30" to 45" to ensure perfect and customized sound. Adjust the post assembly for desired height and enjoy stereo or surround sound.
- STURDY TRIANGLE BASE: Heavy duty cast iron construction with triangle base provides more stability, supports speakers up to 8lbs/3.6kg per stand. Two options for the base feet to prevent your speaker stands from sliding, for carpet please attach the nails and nuts. As for wooden, cement or tiled floor please attach rubber pads to the base feet.
- UPGRADED CABLE MANAGEMENT: Concealed wire path provides the ultimate wire management solution. We have upgraded the tube to wider diameter and divided the tubes into three parts, so cable can through the pipe easier. Note: The cable hole not fits for model Samsung HW-Q90R.
- THREE MOUNTING CONFIGURATIONS: Includes L-shaped, keyhole and top plate options to fit a wide range of speakers. L-shaped for vertical hole/key hole, adapter bar for horizontal holes, and top plate for 2 holes on the bottom of the speaker.
- EASY TO USE: These floor satellite speaker stands include all the required hardware so you can handle it without any hassle by yourself. Very stable, easy to install, can be free to move to your living room, bedroom and study room.
When researching which speaker stands are best for you, it’s important that you know what to look out for so you can make the best decision. Always check the materials, how many stands you need, any warranty or returns policy available and your budget.
Once you’ve thought about these factors and developed your own set of criteria, you’ll be in a position where you can make a fully informed decision with complete confidence.
The first thing you should consider are the materials used in the manufacturing process. There are some speaker stands that are made from lightweight materials which can be convenient to carry around for those who want to use them at numerous rooms and venues.
However, they may not be able to withstand heavier speakers that are better quality. For those who want to purchase heavier speakers, look for speaker stands made from a heavier and more durable material such as iron so you can be assured that it will withstand the weight.
Another factor you should think about is how many speaker stands you want. Some speaker stands are sold individually whereas the majority of them are sold as pairs.
This is all dependent on how big an event you are hosting or if you are wanting spares in case of replacement. It’s important to know how many you want as you may be able to find a pair for cheaper rather than buying more than one separately.
The next aspect you should look into are any warranty or returns policies that the company may offer, especially if you are purchasing an expensive set of speaker stands.
If you don’t have much experience with speaker stands then making sure you are purchasing a product that comes with a returns policy means that you can make your decision with peace of mind.
Lastly, it’s always important to think about your budget. As you can see from the recommendations in this article, the prices vary greatly depending on the above factors.
However, each one of these recommendations have been selected thanks to their high quality. Whether you have the money to spend or are working with a stricter budget, there are plenty of options available for you to choose from.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do speaker stands improve sound?
Speaker stands have a positive impact on your sound as it can improve the audio positioning, tweak the sound staging, create surface isolation and cut down audio reflections.
It’s important to always look into various reviews and brands before making your final decision to ensure that it will fully improve the sound quality.
What is the best height for speaker stands?
The ideal height is dependent on where the speakers will be standing. However, most of the time, the speaker should be around ear level which is about 37” from the floor. Therefore, it’s essential to make sure you have a stand that has a minimum adjustment ability of 24 to 26”.
Last update on 2021-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API