- Best Record Player Under $200
- Best Record Player under 200
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Record Player Under $200
If you want to truly appreciate the sound of your favorite music, you need to listen to it on vinyl. Even though vinyl records slowly became a thing of the past with CDs and now digital downloads becoming the mainstream, there’s a reason that they have endured through the years.
The sound quality of vinyl records is unparalleled, and delivers a distinctive quality that modern music methods just can’t imitate.
However, in order to fully appreciate the sound of your favorite vinyl records, you need a quality record player. Some of the most popular record players can cost upwards of hundreds of dollars.
Not everyone has hundreds of dollars to spend on a quality record player, but you also don’t want to opt for the cheapest model around as this could potentially damage your precious records.
$200 is a decent budget to spend on a quality record player without it being too cheap. But how can you find the best record player under $200?
That’s where we come in! We’ve done all the research so that you don’t have to. We’ve researched and reviewed hundreds of products to find the best of the best.
You can rest assured that the products we’ve reviewed in more detail below will be the best record players for under $200. So you can enjoy all of your favorite vinyl records without having to break the bank!
Best Record Player under 200
The Victrola 6-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player & Multimedia Center with Built-in Speakers gives you everything you could possibly need to enjoy your favorite vinyl records.
This particular record player clocks in at a budget price, so you can get your vinyl fix without having to break the bank. This particular record player is also available in 5 different colors. Choose between mahogany, graphite, farmhouse shiplap grey, farmhouse oatmeal, or espresso.
What’s really great about this record player is how versatile it is. It comes complete with a record player, as well as other media features.
You can use the Victrola multimedia center to listen to all manner of music methods, including CDs, cassette tapes, AM/FM radio, or even wirelessly stream your favorite tunes via Bluetooth technology. You can also use the aux/headphone jack to listen to music from your smartphone or tablet. Not to mention the vinyl record player!
You won’t have to worry about hooking this record player up to external speakers so that you can enjoy your music. It comes with built-in speakers so that it’s ready to go straight out of the box. This makes it the perfect fit for beginners who are just getting to grips with vinyl.
A great feature of this particular multimedia center is that it features a three speed belt-driven turntable.
This helps to give you superior sound quality, as it can minimize the vibrations the record player experiences. The three speeds are 33 ⅓ rpm, 45 rpm, and 78 rpm. This works to give you even better sound quality so that you can enjoy all of your favorite vinyl records in style.
- Versatile – can play vinyl records, CDs, cassette tapes, AM/FM radio, as well as stream music via Bluetooth
- Speakers – comes with built-in speakers for easier usability
- Three speeds – turntable features 3 different speeds for better sound quality
- Manual setup – you will need to set the needle yourself
- 6-in-1 ENTERTAINMENT CENTER – With vintage looks on the outside & modern features inside, listen your way; vinyl records, CDs, cassettes, AM/FM radio or stream music from your smartphone via Bluetooth or 3.5 mm Aux/headphone jack
- NO STEREO SYSTEM OR EXTRA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED. Get it up and running in minutes. Retro looks combined with the convenience of modern technology make this record player a great value - ideal for beginners & vintage enthusiasts alike
- THREE SPEED BELT-DRIVEN TURNTABLE – This 3-speed (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) record player features UPGRADED PREMIUM SOUND QUALITY with minimum vibrations. It is perfect for your living room, bedroom or office and a great choice for vinyl lovers
- EXPANDED CONNECTION OPTIONS – Extend the sound by connecting external speakers or an amplifier via the RCA Line outputs (cable included). For personal listening, plug your headphones into the headphone jack
- Compatible devices: Bluetooth enabled Devices
The Udreamer Vinyl Record Player is the perfect choice if budget is your main concern. This particular record player is available at a more competitive price compared to the other record players we’ve included on our list.
This won’t give audiophiles the best sound quality, but if you’re looking for a cheaper record player so that you can enjoy your vinyl collection, it’s an excellent choice for those on a budget.
A fantastic feature of this particular record player is that it comes with a range of media inputs. It features Bluetooth technology and a USB connection so that you can choose how to listen to other methods of music. This makes it more versatile than record players which are only capable of playing vinyl.
This particular record player features built-in speakers. So you won’t have to worry about hooking the record player up to external speakers if you want to enjoy your vinyl records straightaway. However, if you did want to use external speakers, this record player comes with an RCA line-out to allow you to do so.
Another great feature of this particular record player is that it features 3 speeds, and is capable of playing 3 different sizes of record. It can support listening speeds of 33 ⅓ rpm, 45 rpm, and 78 rpm. It can also allow you to listen to 7”, 10”, and 12” records so that you can make the most of your vinyl collection.
- Built-in speakers – record player is ready to go straight out of the box
- Versatile – can be used to listen to music via USB or Bluetooth
- 3 speeds – features 3 different rpm speeds for better quality sound
- Sound quality – if you’re a keen audiophile you looks for the best quality sound, it will be worth investing a little more for a record player
- 【Bluetooth Input & USB Connect & RCA line-out】Built in stereo speakers,with Bluetooth wireless technology,elegantly listen to your music in your phone.Use USB function to directly play music. For better or louder sound, connect external speaker via RCA cable
- 【 3 Speed &3 Sizes Record】Support 3 listening speeds (33-1/3, 45 and 78 RPM) and 3 sizes of record (7'', 10'' and 12''), enjoy your relaxing time with this LP turntable record player
- 【Turntable & Belt-driven Shock Absorption】Turntable base equipped with spring and belt-driven design greatly absorb the shock, provide you a quality and smooth music
- 【Vintage & Fashion Combination】Made of vintage wooden,combined with modern fashion technology, allows you enjoying retro-style music by vinyl records or digital music with wireless tech.Removable dust cover keeps your record player clean and new
- 【Respond】24 hours one-on-one service, any questions about our LP player,please feel free to contact us
If you’re after quality sound, then the Audio-Technica Record Player is a solid choice. This particular record player gives you high fidelity audio without you having to spend a small fortune.
The Audio-Technica record player works to minimize vibration thanks to the anti-resonance die-cast platter. It also features a redesigned tone arm so that you get reduced resonance and improved tracking for even better sound quality.
While you will have to source external speakers for this record player, it will be worth it for the better quality sound. This particular record player is able to connect wirelessly via Bluetooth so that you can listen to your favorite vinyl records in another room entirely. You can also hook it up to wired audio systems and powered speakers if you so wish.
It couldn’t be easier to use the Audio-Technica record player. This particular record player features easier operation thanks to the two adjustable speeds. It can support speeds of 33 ⅓ rpm and 45 rpm. This will allow you to choose the best speed for your needs so that you can achieve even better quality sound.
You’ll get even better quality sound with this particular record player. It features high quality components, as well as an AC adapter to handle the AC/DC conversion outside of the chassis. This works to reduce the noise in the signal chain, so you can enjoy beautiful quality music from your vinyl records.
- High fidelity – gives you the high fidelity sound you’re after for an even better listening experience
- Versatile – can be hooked up to wired audio systems, powered speakers, and wireless Bluetooth speakers
- Increased clarity – works to deliver you crystal clear quality
- Speakers – you will need to source external speakers for the record player
- High-fidelity audio with Bluetooth wireless technology
- Connects wirelessly to speakers and other devices equipped with Bluetooth wireless technology or to wired audio systems and powered speakers via included dual RCA output cable
- Compatible with aptX codec
- Fully automatic operation with two speeds 33-1/3 and 45 RPM
- Anti-resonance die-cast aluminum platter
The LP&No.1 Bluetooth Vinyl Record Player with External Speakers has everything you could possibly want from a record player. This particular model features quality components to give you the high quality sound that you’re after.
It features a durable diamond stylus, which works to ensure that the record player will last you for many years to come. The record player will also automatically stop playing once it reaches the end of a record.
What’s really great about this particular record player is that it includes a set of bookshelf speakers. This saves you from having to purchase additional speakers in order to listen to your favorite vinyl records.
The speakers deliver an impressive volume to suit special occasions. This particular record player is also compatible with Bluetooth speakers if you want to use different speakers.
Another great feature of this record player is that it features a 3 speed belt drive turntable. Choose between 33 ⅓ rpm, 45 rpm, or 78 rpm to help you enjoy your favorite tunes. This allows you to choose the best speed for your vinyl records so that you can get the best sound possible.
You won’t have to worry about this record player becoming damaged when you’re not using it. This particular record player includes a protective dust cover so that you can keep all of the components clean and ready to go the next time you want to use it. The lid can also be closed or removed while you’re playing your favorite records, too.
- Durable – constructed using high quality components for a sturdy record player
- Speakers included – includes a set of two bookshelf speakers
- Bluetooth – can use Bluetooth speakers with the record player
- Stylus – doesn’t automatically retract once a record has been played
- 【3-Speed Belt Drive Turntable】 The diamond-tipped stylus plays all of 33 1/3, 45, and 81 RPMs records. Auto-stop setting makes it possible to stop automatically when it reaches the end of the record
- 【Stereo Turntable with Outstanding Sound】Equipped with a separable pair of speakers, let you enjoy the full,real and live vinyl audio in dual speakers easily.The volume is loud enough for many occasions
- 【Modern Record Player with Bluetooth】Great record player as well as ability to work as a Bluetooth speaker.Turn to BT on your phone and hook up to any Bluetooth device easily for premium sound
- 【Quality Vinyl Player and Speaker Set】Dual Bookshelf speakers allows for multiple placement options. You can make the speakers as a powerful sound base, or place it as a bookshelf or record shelf
- 【Vintage Audio Turntable Record Player】The audio turntable with solid wood appearance comes with a protective dust cover,and you can remove the lid or close it while the record is playing
The DIGITNOW Bluetooth Record Player is the ideal choice if sound quality is important to you. Just because you want to buy a cheaper record player doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice quality.
This record player gives you everything you need to enjoy your vinyl music in the best way possible. It offers you multimedia operation so that you can listen to vinyl, CDs, cassette tapes, as well as music from your smartphone or tablet thanks to the auxiliary input.
Another great feature of this particular record player is that it comes with Bluetooth technology. You can use this to hook the record player up to external speakers for an even better sound quality. Or you can use the Bluetooth technology to play music from your additional devices such as your smartphone or laptop.
You won’t have to worry about buying additional speakers for your new record player. This particular record player comes with a set of twin detachable speakers.
These work to deliver crystal clear sound. You won’t have to worry about any popping or hissing, and can simply enjoy the playback from your favorite vinyl records. This record player can also support 3 different speeds for better sound quality: 33 ⅓ rpm, 45 rpm, and 78 rpm.
An interesting feature of this particular record player is that it features vinyl to MP3 recording. You can record your favorite tracks from your vinyl records straight into digital format, providing you have a USB or SD card handy. So you can keep all of your favorite vinyl music in one place without worrying about them degrading over time.
- Multimedia player – can be used to listen to vinyl, CDs, cassette tapes, as well as music via Bluetooth or auxiliary input
- Vinyl to MP3 recording – keep a digital record of your favorite vinyl records
- Speakers included – includes a twin set of detachable speakers for crystal clear sound
- Dynamic range – not the best pick for audiophiles
- CD player and recorder: Convenient CD changer for recording and playing with one press
- Bluetooth Connection: Playing music from external wireless device, such as mobile phone, laptop and other bluetooth device
- Twin detachable speakers: Clear and lound sound; no noise, simply playback and listen to your records
- Vinyl to MP3 Recording: Recording vinyl records directly to digital format in USB/SD card. Backup old vinyl in your PC or laptop
- More Function: 33 , 45, 78 RPM selectable (included 45-RPM adapter) playing, AUX in,LCD Screen backlight,With CD player and Cassette deck,And with AM/FM radio, you could listen the channel you like
Choosing the best record player for under $200 can be a challenge. There are so many different factors to consider. Budget will obviously be your main factor, but you will also want to avoid buying the cheapest record player that you can find. These will feature lower quality components, and could even damage your records in the process.
There are, of course, many other factors that you will need to consider when it comes to choosing the best record player under $200. We’ve put together this helpful buyer’s guide to give you all the information you need to make a fully informed decision. So as long as your chosen record player comes with the below features, you’ll know you’re onto a winner.
Let’s take a look at everything you need to know about record players under $200 below, or skip ahead to the frequently asked questions.
One of the most crucial factors you will have to consider is whether your chosen record player comes with a quality set of speakers.
This isn’t always included as standard, and may mean you need to leave room in your budget for these as an additional purchase. If your chosen record player does come with speakers, you won’t have to worry about this as much.
Similarly, just because the record player includes a set of speakers, this doesn’t necessarily mean they’re of a high quality. Some of the cheaper suitcase style record players with built-in speakers use cheaper components to drive down the cost of production. It will be important to ensure that the speakers are able to deliver a high quality sound.
Another factor to consider is the size of the vinyl records you have in your collection. You will need to ensure that you choose a record player that is able to accommodate these. There’s no point in buying the cheapest record player you can find if it’s not going to be able to play your favorite vinyl records.
There are three main sizes that you will need to consider: 7”, 10”, and 12” records. Make sure you check which sizes you have in your collection, and you’ll have a better idea of what to look for in a record player.
A handy feature to look for in a record player is one that boasts versatility. In today’s modern world, there are many ways that you can enjoy listening to your favorite music. So once you’ve found a record player that allows you to listen to your favorite vinyl records, you should look to see if it gives you multimedia capabilities.
This will mean a media player that allows you to listen to CDs, cassette tapes, as well as listening to digital media via USB, auxiliary cable, or Bluetooth.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best record player under $200?
The best record players under $200 are:
- Victrola Nostalgic 6-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player & Multimedia Center with Built-in Speakers
- Udreamer Vinyl Record Player
- Audio-Technica Record Player
- LP&No.1 Bluetooth Vinyl Record Player with External Speakers
- DIGITNOW Bluetooth Record Player
Are cheap record players worth it?
For the vast majority of people, a cheaper record player will be ideal. You will get a decent enough quality to enjoy all of your favorite vinyl records, and can even connect it to external speakers for even better sound quality.
However, it is worth acknowledging that a super cheap record player that comes with built in speakers won’t be able to deliver the same quality sound as a slightly more expensive model. It’s also best to try and avoid suitcase record players as these are notorious for using cheaper components, so won’t give you the sound quality you’re after.
Are more expensive record players better?
It’s difficult to quantify as to whether more expensive record players are inherently better. However, it is true that a more expensive record player will use more high quality components, so will be able to deliver a cleaner, better quality sound than a cheaper record player that you can get for under $50.
If sound quality is important to you, and you consider yourself to be an audiophile, then it will definitely be worth investing a little bit more in a more expensive record player. However, if you know you’ll get a good sound quality from a cheaper model, this may be the best option for you if you don’t have a lot of money to spare.
Last update on 2022-08-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API