- 7 Best Record Player Under $100: Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
- 7 Fantastic Record Players Under $100 Worth Checking Out
- Buyer’s Guide for Finding the Best Record Players Under $100
- Final Thoughts on Best Record Player Under $100
7 Best Record Player Under $100: Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
If you’re a huge fan of the warm tones and the subtle snaps of vinyl records, but can’t afford to spend more than $100 for a record player, you’re in the right place. Read on for our list of the best record players under $100, including highlighted features and individual pros and cons.
We’ve also added a buyer’s guide at the end to help you with your new purchase.
Who said you can’t find a good-quality record player at a budget price? Let’s get right into it!
7 Fantastic Record Players Under $100 Worth Checking Out
You don’t need a $300+ model to enjoy the beautiful sounds produced by a vinyl record. As follows are some of the best record players in the market, selected for their performance, quality, and functionality.
The ION Audio Premier LP is one of the best-sounding record players at under $100. Don’t be fooled by the player’s size; it delivers crystal clear sound with great bass and tremble, filling your room with satisfying Hi-Fi sounds!
Similar to most records on this list, the ON Audio Premier LP is a three-speed turntable, allowing you to play just about every record in your collection. It‘s also designed with Bluetooth technology so you can stream music via your smartphone, MP3 player, or tablet. For non-Bluetooth speakers, ION added a built-in phono pre-amplifier.
The 1/8-inch aux input it comes with allows you to play cassettes or CD players, while the built-in RCA outputs are made for HiFi separates and speakers.
Another great thing about the Premier LP is that it allows you to convert tracks into digital files via USB using the ION Audio EZ conversion software. For a record player under $100, this is almost unheard of!
The Premier LP’s full enclosure feature is something else we appreciate. With this, you won’t have to worry about accidentally knocking the dust cover off the record player while listening to your favorite tunes.
- Rediscover your treasured Vinyl Record Collection – High-quality 3-speed turntable (33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM) that plays every record in your collection, completed in a stunning black finish
- Bluetooth streaming - Bluetooth sends wireless signal to any Bluetooth speaker (not included); Built-in phono pre-amplifier for wired connection to non-Bluetooth speakers
- The centerpiece of your listening experience - 1/8-inch Aux input to connect media sources including cassette players/CD players; RCA outputs for connection to external speakers and HIFI separates
- Room filling sound – On-board built in speakers deliver punchy, crystal clear sound; no fuss, simply kick back and listen to your records
- Digitize your library - Convert tracks into digital files via USB onto your PC or Mac with the included ION Audio EZ conversion software
- Elegant design
- Plays music loud and clear
- Uses ceramic cartridges with conical needle
- Has automatic return features
- Stylus for 78 rpm needs to be purchased separately
Victrola record players are known for their great sound quality, beautiful design, and high-quality features. The Victrola Vintage Bluetooth Record Player is among their many top-selling record players, and is globally well-loved and praised. To this day, it remains to be one of the best budget-friendly record players in the market.
With over 30 different designs, the Victrola Vintage is jam-packed with features that might surprise you. It comes with three automatic speeds, including 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm. If you have flat disc records made anywhere between 1898 and the late 1950s, you need a record player like this one.
The Victrola Vintage is an “all-in-one” audio system, meaning no stereo or other extra equipment is required to use the unit. This is especially ideal for beginner audiophiles who just want to experience the vintage sounds of vinyl without overly complicated set-ups.
One of the best features of the Victrola Vintage record player is its powerful built-in Bluetooth speakers. With this, you can easily stream smartphone audio through the record player’s speakers. You can also connect external speakers via the stereo RCA outputs if you wish.
- THREE SPEED BELT-DRIVEN TURNTABLE - This 3-speed (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) suitcase record player features UPGRADED PREMIUM SOUND QUALITY and sits on sound isolating feet that prevent vibration. It is perfect for your living room, bedroom or office.
- TAKE YOUR TUNES ANYWHERE - Housed in a vintage suitcase with an easy carry handle, Victrola's blend of retro and contemporary design give you the ultimate flexibility to listen to music where you want and how you want – a great choice for vinyl lovers
- EXPANDED CONNECTION OPTIONS - Stream smartphone audio through the turntable’s built-in Bluetooth speakers. Easily connect external speakers via the stereo RCA outputs, or use the Line input for non-Bluetooth devices like a CD player. For personal listening, connect your headphones to the headphone jack.
- NO STEREO SYSTEM OR EXTRA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED. Get it up and running in minutes. Retro looks combined with the convenience of modern technology makes this affordable record player ideal for beginners & vintage enthusiasts
- ALL THE CONTROLS YOU NEED - Features an Input select knob, Power/Volume Knob & an Auto stop switch that stops spinning records once the record is finished playing.
- Multiple design and color options
- Can stream music wirelessly up to 33 feet away
- Portable design
- Features headphone jack for private listening
- Not the most durable
The Udreamer Vinyl Record Player is simple yet functional. It has everything you need to start playing music, even if you’ve yet to acquire vinyl records.
Made of vintage wood, the Udreamer player supports three-speed options, listed as 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM, and three record sizes, including 7”, 10”, and 12”. It also comes with Bluetooth wireless technology, USB inputs, and RCA line-outs, allowing you to play music at whatever method you have available. It has a headphone jack option for private listening, as well.
This turntable-based equipment comes with a belt-driven shock absorption design that not only prevents accidental damage but also provides you with a smooth melody. Moreover, it’s designed with foot pads that also absorb vibration.
The Udreamer Vinyl Record Player has 2*3w built-in speakers, which is more powerful than most of the speakers found in turntables of the same price. Great sound is likewise achieved through its independent woofer, which provides users with great-sounding bass and treble.
- 【Bluetooth Input & USB Connect & RCA line-out】Built in stereo speakers,with Bluetooth wireless technology,elegantly listen to your music in your phone.Use USB function to directly play music. For better or louder sound, connect external speaker via RCA cable
- 【 3 Speed &3 Sizes Record】Support 3 listening speeds (33-1/3, 45 and 78 RPM) and 3 sizes of record (7'', 10'' and 12''), enjoy your relaxing time with this LP turntable record player
- 【Turntable & Belt-driven Shock Absorption】Turntable base equipped with spring and belt-driven design greatly absorb the shock, provide you a quality and smooth music
- 【Vintage & Fashion Combination】Made of vintage wooden,combined with modern fashion technology, allows you enjoying retro-style music by vinyl records or digital music with wireless tech.Removable dust cover keeps your record player clean and new
- 【Respond】24 hours one-on-one service, any questions about our LP player,please feel free to contact us
- Attractive design
- Great sound
- Compact and lightweight
- Durable wooden construction
- Doesn’t have a fully covering dust cover
- Only compatible with smartphone Bluetooth
If you’re searching for a record player that truly throws you back, the Victrola VTA-200B Classic Wood Turntable is for you. This vintage-looking record player comes in five gorgeous colors, including a deep mahogany red, espresso brown, and farmhouse shiplap grey.
Other than its classic design, this record-player boasts multiple modern features. It not only plays vinyl records, but CDs, cassettes, and AM/FM radio, as well. Plus, since it has a built-in Bluetooth wireless technology, you can stream music from your smartphone, tablet, or MP3 directly through the unit’s speakers.
You also get a 3.5 mm Aux and headphone jack for more variety!
Similar to the Victrola Vintage Record Player we’ve mentioned earlier, the VTA-200B can also play vinyl at three different speeds, including 33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm.
If you already have an upgraded sound system, you’ll be glad to know that the VTA-200B supports external speakers for amplifiers via the device’s RCA line outputs. Cables are included, so you won’t have to worry about searching for a cable compatible with the machine.
- 6-in-1 ENTERTAINMENT CENTER – With vintage looks on the outside & modern features inside, listen your way; vinyl records, CDs, cassettes, AM/FM radio or stream music from your smartphone via Bluetooth or 3.5 mm Aux/headphone jack
- NO STEREO SYSTEM OR EXTRA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED. Get it up and running in minutes. Retro looks combined with the convenience of modern technology make this record player a great value - ideal for beginners & vintage enthusiasts alike
- THREE SPEED BELT-DRIVEN TURNTABLE – This 3-speed (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) record player features UPGRADED PREMIUM SOUND QUALITY with minimum vibrations. It is perfect for your living room, bedroom or office and a great choice for vinyl lovers
- EXPANDED CONNECTION OPTIONS – Extend the sound by connecting external speakers or an amplifier via the RCA Line outputs (cable included). For personal listening, plug your headphones into the headphone jack
- Compatible devices: Bluetooth enabled Devices
- Extremely versatile
- Multiple features
- Decent sound quality
- Primary parts are made of plastic
If you’re searching for a truly portable record player, look no further than the Byron Statics Vinyl Record Player. It has a typical suitcase design that allows you to carry it anywhere you like. Plus, at just under six pounds, it’s extremely lightweight.
The Byron Statics player is a three-speed record player. At the end of every track, it automatically stops the turntable and neatly places the needle in the center of the record, which saves you a bit of time when it comes to packing. It also supports three record sizes, including 7”, 10”, and 12″.
Other than its lightweight build, its relatively compact design makes it ideal for travel. To add to its portability, Byron Statics added an extra needle and a 9V 800mA DC adaptor so you can play music anywhere, anytime, in whatever situation.
If that’s not enough, the adapter itself has a safety feature when a short circuit accidentally occurs. It automatically turns the player off to protect the machine’s internal components.
This record player comes with an RCA/AUX-In function that allows you to play music using an external source. It likewise has a Bluetooth function and two built-in stereo speakers so you can listen to your old vinyl classics in beautifully rich, warm tones.
The Byron Statics Record Player comes in four classic colors: teal, black, BT-black, and dark gray.
- You can shut the case and keep the dust out or just snap closed the latch and pick it up like a mini suitcase and take it to someplace else.
- The turntable rotates completely flat the needle arm picks up well with the lifter and drops very quietly onto the record No skipping.
- Record player have 33 45 78RPM 3 speeds at the end of the tracks it stops the turntable with the needle in the center of the record, Beautiful faux leather case
- Perfect size the vinyl player is lightweight perfect for travel speakers great for intimate party comes with an extra needle and 9V 800mA DC adaptor.
- The music coming out of the speakers is soft rich warm and creates a nice ambiance in your room It has jacks on the back allow to hook it up to bigger stereo sound.
- Extremely portable thanks to its suitcase design
- Metal tonearm and diamond stylus minimizes vibrations
- Solid build quality
- Decent sound performance
- Bass response is a bit lacking
The Crosley Cruiser Deluxe is another popular suitcase-style record player. Similar to the Byron Statics Vinyl Record Player, it’s small, lightweight, and extremely portable. But unlike Byron Statics, Crosley Cruiser has 26 different stunning colors to choose from, so you’re guaranteed to find a player that suits your taste to a T. Plain or printed, Crosley Cruiser has you covered!
Sound performance is decent for the price it comes with. Moreover, it has RCA and headphone jack outputs, so you can listen to music even while you’re playing it outside. Pitch control is adjustable, as well, which is a nice little addition.
This three-speed turntable has Bluetooth functionality, allowing you to stream music from your smartphone if you don’t have a vinyl record to play just yet.
Related Reading: Are Crosley Record Players Any Good?
- Built-in Bluetooth receiver lets you stream your music wirelessly to the Cruiser's dynamic full-range speakers
- Adjustable pitch control
- Belt driven portable turntable plays 3 speeds: 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records
- Dynamic full range stereo speakers
- RCA and headphone Jack outputs
- Multiple color options
- Great build quality
- Acceptable performance for beginners and casual users
- Sound is decent, but could be better
The Wrcibo Record Player is simplistic, elegant, and performs surprisingly well for the price it comes with. It’s not the prettiest record player out there, but it’s expertly built to last.
This traditional-style three-speed turntable is made with a combination of natural wood and high-density MDF chassis. It has a detachable dust cover, a smooth belt drive, and a semi-automatic play tone pickup arm for the best music performance and low vibration.
Moreover, it’s designed with a ceramic stereo cartridge and sapphire stylus, which further enhances play quality and musical tone.
Along with built-in Bluetooth receivers, this record player has a 3.5mm aux-in, headphone jack, and RCA outputs for those with established Hi-Fi systems.
- Traditional Style, Solid Wood Appearance & Dust Cover
- Three-speed Turntable, works with 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records
- 3.5mm aux-in and headphone jack for playing music from your smart phones, Tablet, PC, MP3, CD Player
- RCA outputs for connection to HiFi systems
- All-in-one record player with built-in stereo speakers
- Plug-and-play setup
- Decent audio quality
- Minimal three-knob design
- Tonearm is prone to skipping
Buyer’s Guide for Finding the Best Record Players Under $100
If you’re not ready to spend hundreds of dollars for a record player, you’ll need to do some thorough research to find the best record player under $100. In order to get high-quality sound at a lower cost, opting for reliable retailers and manufacturers is of utmost importance. You also need to consider several factors and features, which include the following:
Budget record players usually play at 33-1/3 rpm and 45 rpm (rotations per minute). It’s quite rare to find players under $100 at 78 rpm, but 78 rpm isn’t always necessary in most cases. However, if you have an expensive old collection or are planning on spending a small fortune on old rarities, you might want to search for a record player that has the capacity to play at 78 rpm.
If you have a particularly diverse collection, you might want to avoid record players that don’t have an ‘automatic change speed’ option. After all, no one wants to keep manually changing the speed of your record player after every other song; it breaks the immersion and can be quite frustrating at times.
Phono Amplification and Wireless Capabilities
Next, Phono Preamplifiers, also known as phono stages, allow you to amplify the signal of your sound system by connecting it to external Hi-Fi devices. Phono stage audio components are quite handy for those who don’t need an outboard unit and have established sound equipment.
Record players with wireless capabilities are likewise something worth searching for. Bluetooth players are not only convenient, but they’re a great space-saving solution for when you want to keep things neat and organized.
Most of us buy record players for their nostalgic, analog sound. However, some record players have USB inputs or outputs that allow users to either import or export music from their favorite albums. If that sounds like something you want to do, you might want to search for a record player with this feature.
Search for a record player with a decent signal-to-noise ratio. This ratio measures the amount of background noise audible to your ears. Look for a record player that’s above 65dB. The higher the ratio, the better.
Final Thoughts on Best Record Player Under $100
If you want to enjoy your favorite tunes on vinyl, you need a record player that more than gets the job done. Record players nowadays come in a variety of styles and sizes, from nostalgic wooden turntables to sleek, modern designs. Gone are the days of clunky, old machines, and in are Bluetooth-supported players that have built-in speakers.
- In summary, our top pick for the best record player under $100 is the ION Audio Premier LP. This is primarily because of its great sound quality, durable design, and multiple built-in features.
- The Victrola VTA-200B is likewise a great choice if you’re looking for a record player that does more than just play vinyl and music.
Last update on 2021-09-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API