- The 5 Best Headphones for Working From Home
- The Top 5 Headphones for Working From Home Reviewed
- Best Headphones for Working From Home Buying Guide
- Is it Better to Use Wired or Wireless Headphones?
- Are Earbuds Good for Business Calls?
- How to Look Good in a Video Call While Wearing Headphones?
- How to Choose the Right Headphones for Working From Home
- Conclusions on the Best Headphones for Working From Home
The 5 Best Headphones for Working From Home
Are you looking for the best headphones for working from home? Well, you are not alone. According to the U.S. Census Bureau; people who have been working regularly at home increased by 173% since 2005. This is not surprising, with 62% of the employees saying that they could do their jobs remotely.
This situation created a need to replace face-to-face interaction with digital communications. We all do zoom meetings, skype video interviews, and take part in several conference calls each day.
It’s essential to make sure that the conversation is clear on both sides. Also, these zoom meetings could go on for hours, so the headphones should be comfortable. In addition, we need to maintain a good look during video calls, even with the headphones on!
That’s already a bunch of criteria, but we managed to put together a winning list. Here are our selections of the best headphones for working from home, plus our tips on how to choose the right one.
The Top 5 Headphones for Working From Home Reviewed
These headphones cover almost all individual needs. So if you’re looking for exceptional sound quality, comfort, compact size, or the freedom to move and multitask, you’ll find a good option on the list.
Jabra is one of the giants of the audio equipment field. They’ve been market leaders for over 150 years, and their equipment covers consumer, professional, and medical requirements. It’s worth mentioning that they were the first to invent ultra-noise-canceling microphones.
The Jabra Evolve 75 is a professional headset that also plays incredible tunes. You can listen to everything that’s coming from the other side. And your voice would be transmitted loud and clear, minus the bustling sounds around you.
I’m one of the people who work best around good music, and so, the sound quality of headphones ranks high on my priority list. This set also has the added perk of dual connectivity, so the music can stay as a nice background while I take a call.
All this activity won’t eat up your batteries. And by the end of the day, recharging takes only a couple of hours, and your headphones are ready for work again.
One of the thoughtful details in the Jabra Evolve is the ‘busy’ marking on the headphone. This little alert usually keeps off unnecessary interruptions. And I can’t stress how important this is if you have a full house like mine.
While these headsets aren’t offered in many colors, they come in MS Teams and Universal optimization options. You can thus use the settings that match your usage to the nines.
Jabra devices don’t come cheap, but the price tag of the Evolve 75 is more than justified. It’s one of the best headphones for zoom meetings, considering its design, sound quality, and comfort.
However, if that’s too pricey you could opt for another headset from the same line. The Jabra Evolve 40 UC Professional Wired Headset is also a great option, and it has the same design and premium sound quality.
- Outstanding sound for calls and music - World-class speakers and HD voice for crystal-clear calls and music
- Microphone frequency range 150 hertz - 6.8 kilohertz. Reduce noise and interruptions - Superior ANC and integrated busy light acts as a ‘do not disturb’ sign to enhance productivity
- Supported Bluetooth profiles: A2DP (v1.2), hands free (v1.6), Headset (v1.2), AGHFP (v1.6). Bluetooth wireless technology: Bluetooth 4.0. Dual Bluetooth connectivity for calls and music. Flexibility to move up to 100 feet/30 meter away from your connected device
- Active noise cancellation uses advanced microphones to monitor and counter ambient noise. Talk-time - Up to 15 hours. Battery time (with ANC activated) - Up to 30 hours. Charging time - Max. 120 minutes
- Certified with all major communication platforms. Bluetooth: 4.2
- HD calls and music
- Active noise cancellation
- Long talk time up to 15 hours
- Short charge time of 120 min max
- No-interruption ‘busy’ indicator
- Versatile Bluetooth connectivity
- Wide frequency range
- Certified in almost all of the business communication platforms
- Available in MS Teams or UC optimized models
- Might not be too comfortable for bespectacled people
- The actual range is around 35 feet and rarely reaches the nominal 100 feet
The Mpow is an extremely popular headset, which doesn’t really come as a surprise. This manufacturer is prolific, innovative, and understands the users’ needs so well.
These headphones are remarkably comfortable, flexible, and portable, considering that they belong to the bulky over-ear headphones category. However, this model is quite easy to adjust, and the padding on its cushions makes it easy to wear them all day. Taking them off every now and then is much better though.
The Mpow 059 is among the best headphones for conference calls. The sound is crystal clear, and the built-in mic is not bad at all. If you decide to play some tunes after the call, the immersive High Fidelity sound experience would definitely boost your energy.
This set is stylish, so even if you’re on a video call, you’d still be cool. It comes in many nice colors, so if your work environment allows it, I’d say go for the blue, rose gold, or black-green. Also, it wouldn’t break the bank at all, so you can use it as a standby set.
- Wired and Bluetooth modes
- Foldable and comes with a carry bag
- Adjustable and flexible headband
- Immersive stereo sound
- Up to 65 hours of run time or 20 hours of talk time
- Comfortable memory protein ear cushions
- Comes in 8 color varieties
- Affordable price
- The wireless range is rather limited to below 33 feet
- Doesn’t have an active noise cancellation feature
The PowerLocus has plenty in common with the Mpow 059, but this set leans a bit more to the casual crowd. Actually, the features translate this credo quite well. These headphones come with an entertainment station along with the business requirements.
You can tune in to a radio station, or fill the micro SD card with your favorite music. And when you’re too busy with a task, ask Siri for some assistance. The PowerLocus is exceptional if you’re constantly joining conference calls. The noise cancellation in addition to the HD mic is optimal for clear communication.
Comfort is important, and these headphones are gentle on the head and ears. You can move about your desk, or connect the set to your device and forget about run-time.
- AMAZING SOUND QUALITY: High Definition Stereo Headphones, specially developed software and noise reduction technology that aims to deliver the music from your iPod on a whole new level! Deep Bass in combination with Dynamic Power Sound, results in Superior Audio Quality, even in the highest volume levels!
- GREAT COMFORT FOR ALL AGES: The over-ear headphones are foldable and stretchable, so they can fit perfectly almost any size head. PowerLocus are always are ready to impress with elegance and convenience, bringing more joy during the everyday use! PowerLocus is #1 Choice for Travel, Sport and Every day use by Unisex Kids, Teens and Adults.
- CONNECT QUICKLY via Bluetooth 5.0: We made the bluetooth over ear headphones super easy to use. Just slide the on/off button and the headphones will be in ready to pair mode. The Wireless Headphones are compatible with all Bluetooth or 3.5mm plug cable enabled devices! You can also receive calls and have hands-free communication through the special noise reduction technology microphone. Compatible with all iPhone X, 8 Plus, Samsung S9, S8, iPad, iPod, Huawei, Nexus, Amazon Fire Tablet
- QUALITY MADE DESIGN: PowerLocus is built from materials which are extremely nice to touch and provides the model premium outlook. The super soft memory-protein foam leather earmuffs and headband will contribute to optimum comfort even if you wear them for long time. Use them everywhere, together with the Protective Premium Case – great way to carry them without having scratches on them for long term.
- Wireless and Wired FLEXIBLE HEADPHONES: They are rechargable, but After 15 hours of playtime, you can switch to wired mode and enjoy your music NON-STOP. By choosing PowerLocus, You are covered with 24 Months PowerLocus warranty and 100% Customer satisfaction – 24/7 Customer Support.
- Attractive fashionable design
- 10 color variations
- Noise reduction
- Deep bass and high sound quality
- Built-in HD mic
- Connected to Siri
- 15 hours playtime
- Wired and wireless modes
- FM radio
- Micro SD slot
- 2-year warranty
- Moderate price
- A bit on the casual side
- The controls can be a bit confusing for a while
The Beartwo is a unique type of headphones that would complement your appearance, and still give you decent sound clarity. The necklace design and retractable earbuds make this set among the best headphones for video calls.
In addition to its utility within the home office, it can be great for outdoor activity as well. This means that you can resume your calls during a brisk walk or at the gym. And don’t worry about the sweat and constant movement, this set can handle all that.
- 【High-fidelity Stereo Sound Quality】- built-in high sensitivity microphone and noise canceling technology(not active noise cancellation), ensure crystal high quality sound no mater you are calling or listening to music.
- 【Outstanding Battery Performance】- The portable designed headphone built with large capacity battery, which provides up to 16 hours of continuous music time and 300 hours of standby with a single charge.
- 【Advanced Bluetooth 4.1+CVC 6.0】- latest Bluetooth 4.1chip provides fast, stable and low-power connection. These headphones are compatible with most smart phones, iPhone, Android devices and other Bluetooth Enabled Devices.
- 【Neckband Design】- Around-the-Neck wearing design with perfect Body-Contoured fit. Made of environmental ABS+PC material, light and soft to wear comfortably, perfect for long time wearing no matter in outdoor activities or in office.
- 【Foldable and Retractable Design】- Foldable design enables you to take it anywhere in your pocket or in your bag. Retractable Earbuds- a unique design for cable management, no more tangled wire obsession.
- Compact and not too visible
- Suitable for bespectacled people
- Noise cancellation capability
- Built-in high sensitivity mic
- High Fidelity stereo sound
- Up to 16 hours of talk/play time
- Up to 300 hours on time
- High compatibility with various devices
- Retractable earbuds
- Moderate price
- Takes about 3 1/2 hours to recharge
- The mic needs to be right under your mouth for good transmission
The Poly Voyager is another compact set with brilliant audio and a highly advanced mic. It’s easily one of the best headphones for zoom, and once that’s done, you can keep taking calls around the house.
Moreover, if you need to drive somewhere, you can still use the Plantronics headset. It has efficient noise cancellation, so your voice wouldn’t be affected by the buzz, wind, or any other background noise.
This set comes with a hefty price tag, but that didn’t detract from its popularity.
- Ideal For: mobile professional who relies on mobile phone for on-the-go communication
- Connect To: For someone that needs to take and receive calls on a mobile phone
- Audio Performance: Crystal clear Bluetooth audio quality with triple-mic active Digital Signal Processing (DSP), & wind canceling. SoundGuard: Sound leveling for listening comfort and acoustic limiting for protection against sounds above 118 dBA
- Talk Time & Roaming Range: Up to 7 hours of talk time and you can roam up to 98 feet (30 meters)
- Compact design
- Voice optimization and noise cancellation
- 98 feet roaming range
- Headset locator from the app
- One-year warranty
- A bit on the pricey side
- The talk time is limited to around 7 hours
Best Headphones for Working From Home Buying Guide
In this section, we will answer all the frequently asked questions we hear when people are shopping for the best headphones for working from home.
Is it Better to Use Wired or Wireless Headphones?
Basically, you can multitask with a wireless headset, and you don’t need to recharge anything with the wired devices. Thus, both options are good, and the deciding factor comes down to your own usage and style.
If your work is mostly video calls, zoom meetings, and skype chats, then you’d be around your desk more often than not. A wired headphone should be a good option. It wouldn’t just save you the hassle of tracking the charge level of your set, but also, it would provide a ‘clean’ signal that’s not attenuated through wireless transmission.
On the other hand, if you usually get conference calls, voice notes, and one-on-one phone discussions, then a wireless headset would be quite useful. It would give you the freedom to walk around the desk, pick up an important report from the other room, or get a cup of coffee. You can even resume the conversation in the car, gym, or garden.
Moreover, wireless headphones pair easily with most devices. This is not always the case with cables. Nowadays, connectivity isn’t as simple as it used to be.
Are Earbuds Good for Business Calls?
Earbuds are great when you’re listening to music while taking a walk around the block. And of course, they’re quite practical for taking calls while multitasking. However, earbuds have a tendency to become uncomfortable after a few minutes.
Besides, the embedded mic is often less sensitive than the dedicated mic in headsets. That’s normal since earbuds are designed for casual conversation. Active noise cancellation and accurate voice transmission are usually found with larger mics.
In theory, earbuds should work nicely in business settings, and several podcasters use them in their work. However, in reality, most of us shifted to more professional headphones. The difference in sound clarity, comfort, and runtime certainly encouraged that trend. In addition to the extra features in headsets.
How to Look Good in a Video Call While Wearing Headphones?
The bulky headphones that cover most of your head might not be the most flattering look in zoom meetings or video calls. This is probably not such a big deal among your colleagues, but what if you’re talking to a client? Or maybe a potential employer?
And here’s one more challenge, if you wear glasses, then you know how annoying the tight over-ear headphones can be.
Some compact headsets provide superior audio performance, and at the same time, they aren’t too visible. As for the bespectacled folks, you can wear any frame you like with these alternatives.
How to Choose the Right Headphones for Working From Home
You can use the following points as a checklist as you browse through the various devices.
This is the most important feature of any headset. No one likes asking “eh? What was that?” in the middle of a meeting. And it’s even worse to answer the wrong question as a result of a noisy connection.
Also, you want to be heard clearly from the first time. Imagine explaining an idea passionately for ten minutes, only to be asked to repeat what you said again. I recall now how many times I had to fill in the blanks or guess what someone was saying. I flinch a little at the recollection.
In business, ideas flow quickly. And nuances in a person’s voice are as important as body language.
Size & Comfort
Over-ear headphones are rather bulky, and this surely affects a person’s look in a video call. However, they often have incredible sound quality, plus the ability to cancel out ambient noises. Sometimes, we even wear our headphones for that reason alone.
Comfort is a tad subjective when it comes to headphones, and I’m sure you heard contradicting views on the matter. That’s because some people feel more comfortable with padded over-ear headphones, while others define comfort as wearing a lightweight compact earpiece.
Back in the day, most headphones were wired, and they all connected with devices through a 3.5 mm plug. Now, there are so many cable types and wireless connectivity methods. It’s thus important to take stock of your digital devices and buy suitable headphones accordingly.
Run Time, Charge Time, and Range
Talk time should be as long as possible, charge time should be as short as possible, and try to get the widest range you can find. The values vary significantly, but as a minimum, get a run time that lasts throughout a workday and a range that exceeds your work area.
I have a rule when it comes to design style: if a device looks exceptionally good on the outside, chances are it’s just as impressive on the inside.
Plus, your headphones would be constantly on display. Just like your attire and general presentation. Thus, going for an elegant model is a wise move.
Conclusions on the Best Headphones for Working From Home
In conclusion, if you are looking for the best headphones for working from home, you can’t go wrong with any of these choices.
First, the Jabra Evolve 75 UC Wireless Headphones are hands down the best headphones for video conferencing. They offer an exceptional sound quality, you can move about the room for various tasks, and they have active noise cancellation. They’re also comfortable and lightweight.
Finally, if you’d like a more sophisticated look that doesn’t include large headphones, you can check out the Beartwo Retractable Bluetooth Headphones. They’re barely visible, and still offer impressive audio performance, they’re suitable for indoor and outdoor use, and on top of that, they’re moderately priced.
More Buying Guides:
Last update on 2021-09-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API