- Best Floor Standing Speakers Under $2000
- Best Floor Standing Speakers under 2000
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Floor Standing Speakers Under $2000
To create the perfect sound system in your home, you need a quality set of speakers. Whether that is just to help you listen to your favorite music, or to create a more immersive home cinema system, it’s the speakers that will help you live your best audiophile life.
However, to get the best of the best when it comes to floor standing speakers, this often means spending thousands of dollars on individual speakers.
So you’ve set yourself a budget of $2,000 to find the best floor standing speakers of your dreams. However, this still doesn’t help to narrow down your options. There are hundreds of different floor standing speakers to choose from, and it can be difficult knowing which models stand up to the high standards you’re after.
That’s where we can help. We’ve done all the hard work for you so that you don’t have to. We’ve researched and reviewed the best floor standing speakers under $2,000 so that you can buy with confidence.
When you’ve got a lot of money on the line, you want to make sure that you’re buying the best of the best. All of the products we’ve reviewed in more detail below will be perfect for your needs.
Best Floor Standing Speakers under 2000
The Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II Tower Speaker is just the thing you’re looking for. Even though this clocks in at well under your budget of $2,000, Polk is a brand name that you can trust. It’s worth noting that this is a single speaker, so you would need to purchase two to get a complete set.
However, even with two speakers, this price point clocks in at well under $1,000, let alone $2,000. The great thing about this speaker is that it can be combined with other Polk speakers to create a complete surround sound system.
This particular speaker works to deliver the quality that you expect from Polk. It is equipped with a 1 inch dynamic balance dome tweeter, as well as four 6.5 inch dynamic balance woofers.
This works to deliver an outstanding sound quality that will be unparalleled by more experienced speakers. There is also a tuned port opening so as to increase and extend the bass response.
Audiophiles won’t be disappointed with the Polk floor standing speaker. This model works to deliver you the powerful deep bass, impressive mid range, and detailed highs that you’re after for a fully rounded sound. Great if you want to focus on the best quality sound possible without having to worry about distortion.
You won’t have to worry about this speaker walking when you turn up the volume. This particular floor standing speaker comes with stabilizer feet to keep it steady.
This works on both carpet as well as hard floors so that you can also get a more precise bass sound. The Polk speaker is also magnetically shielded, so you won’t have to worry about a loss of sound through interference if it’s closer to your television.
- Budget friendly – one of the more affordable options on the market
- High quality sound – features high quality components for even better sound
- Stabilizer feet – keeps the speaker steady so you can enjoy more precise bass
- Single speaker – you would need to buy two models to get a complete set for your home
- TOP OF THE LINE FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER – Equipped with a 1" Dynamic Balance dome tweeter and four (4) 6.5" Dynamic Balance woofers, this tower speaker guarantees BETTER SOUND QUALITY WITH IMMENSE POWER
- AMAZING SOUND AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE – Enjoy clear, crisp and spacious stereo sound with wider dispersion for 3-dimensional and more lifelike audio in your bedroom, living or entertainment room
- DELIVERS DETAILED HIGH FREQUENCY RESPONSE WITH REALISTIC REPRODUCTION OF VOCALS & INSTRUMENTS – Powerful deep bass, better mid-range and superior audio are sure to make your party and movie nights exclusive
- CREATE A COMPLETE AND IMMERSIVE HOME THEATER SETUP by adding a Polk CS2 Center Speaker & Polk Monitor 40 or 30 Surrounds. Monitor speakers are magnetically shielded, so you can place it near your TV and not worry about distortions
- Polk's UNWAVERING COMMITMENT, RELIABILITY, AND CRAFTSMANSHIP has made it one of the most trusted names in home audio speakers and entertainment systems. They bring out BEST IN TECHNOLOGY, so you can SIT BACK, RELAX AND LISTEN WITH YOUR HEART!
The Klipsch RP-8000F Floorstanding Speaker is another quality set of speakers that delivers the high fidelity sound you’re after. What’s really great about these Klipsch speakers is that they come as a pair.
So you will get two beautiful sounding speakers all within your budget. It’s also available in three great colors, so you can choose the speakers that best suit your setup. Choose between ebony, walnut, or piano black.
Klipsch is a brand that delivers on quality. In fact, there are many different models that you can choose from and still be within your budget. The RP-8000F is easily the winner out of all the Klipsch models available, but there are plenty more speakers for you to choose from if this model doesn’t quite suit your needs.
The RP-8000F floor standing speakers work to deliver an unparalleled cinematic sound using dual 8” copper-spun Cerametallic woofers.
It also features a 1” titanium LTS vented tweeter complete with a hybrid tractrix horn, bass-reflex via the rear-firing tractrix port, and dual binding posts for bi-wire or bi-amp. All of these features combine to give you unparalleled sound quality.
Everything about these Klipsch speakers works to give you superior sound quality. The speakers make use of a new vented tweeter, which has been specially designed to help reduce standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm.
This works to give you smoother high frequency reproduction so you can get the high quality sound that you’re after.
- Pair of speakers – set of two speakers within your budget
- Quality – durable speakers from a brand that you can trust
- Better sound quality – features specially designed components for improved sound quality
- Heavy – each speaker weighs around 60 pounds so may be difficult to move when in place
- 1” Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with Hybrid Tractrix Horn
- Dual 8" Spun Copper Cerametallic Woofers
- Bass–Reflex via Rear–Firing Tractrix port
- Dual binding posts for bi–wire/bi–amp
- Strong, Flexible Removable Magnetic Grille
The BIC Acoustech 3-Way Floor Speakers gives you everything you need to fulfill your audiophile dreams. These versatile speakers have been designed for use with both home cinema setups as well as to help you listen to your favorite music. You also get two speakers included as part of the set, and all within your budget. This will save you from having to buy two speakers separately.
These speakers feature high quality components for impressive sound. They make use of two high power 8” active woofers to help give you the low frequency output that you’re after.
There are also two 8” passive radiators which work to get rid of any port noise that can happen when the bass is extended. There is a 5” closed back driver which works to deliver the mid tones that you’re after. The speakers also feature a closed back, which delivers the clean, detailed sound that you’re after.
What’s really unique about this set of floor standing speakers is that they make use of a 3-way multi-driver design instead of the standard 2-way design used by most speakers. This helps to refine and enhance the mid frequencies, which will then give you a better frequency response and dynamic range.
You won’t have to worry about these speakers letting you down. They feature high quality components for the best possible sound quality. The BIC Acoustech 3-Way Floor Speakers also come with an extended 8 year warranty. This is one of the longest warranties on the market, so you can rest assured that you are buying a quality product.
- Versatile – can be used for both home cinema and music systems
- High quality – features high quality components for better sound quality
- Extended warranty – includes an 8 year extended warranty for your peace of mind
- Broken in – for truly unbeatable sound, the speakers will need to be broken in a bit first
- YOU WILL RECEIVE: 2 PL-980 towers......One Left-One Right...
- "You Receive: One Pair PL-980(right and Left) Unlike the majority of horn floor speakers on the market today, the PL-980s incorporate a 3-way multi-driver design rather than a 2-way design. Although many 2-way floor speakers offer outstanding performance, the PL-980's 3-way design enhances and refines mid frequencies which enable an extended soundstage, dynamic range, and frequency response. Their imaging and lifelike sound is as if looking throu...
- "Perfect for both music and home theater applications, each PL-980 incorporates two high power 8” active woofers which deliver low frequency output. Then, two 8” passive radiators eliminate port noise while extending the bass even further. The midrange is a 5"" closed back driver which delivers the all-important 1000Hz – 5000Hz articulation frequency range. The closed back prevents interference from the 8” woofers which ensures clean detailed mid...
- "The enclosures include hand-rubbed black lacquer tops and bottoms. This extra step ensures a deep gloss shine that is more scratch resistant than most lacquer finishes on the market. PL-980s also have an extended 8 year warranty offering one of the longest in the industry. Designed and engineered to please even the most discriminating listeners, the PL-980s surpass the performance and enjoyment of floor speakers more than three times their price...
- "SPECIFICATIONS: Design: 3-way, six driver tower speaker. Frequency Response: 22Hz-23kHz Sensitivity: 98dB Drivers: Two high power 8"" active woofers, two 8"" passive woofers, one enclosed 5"" midrange, and one 6 1/2"" mid/high frequency aluminum dome horn with neodymium magnet. Magnetic Shielding: YES Gold-Plated Terminals: YES Recommended Power: 10-300 watts per channel RMS, 750 watts peak power Impedance: Nominal 8 ohms Dimensions: 47""H x 12 ...
The Fluance Signature HiFi 3-Way Floorstanding Tower Speakers are another excellent choice that clock in well under your budget. These particular speakers come as a pair, so you won’t have to worry about buying multiple speakers to get the full set.
These particular speakers won’t compromise on the acoustics. They have been specially designed to give you a warmer, distortion free sound that you can enjoy.
You’ll get the high fidelity sound that you’re after with this pair of Fluance speakers. They feature only premium components to deliver a high fidelity sound, so that you can enjoy the best quality music and sound possible. This makes them the perfect choice for keen audiophiles who don’t want to spend a small fortune on a new set of floor standing speakers.
What’s really great about these Fluance speakers is that they work to give you a full range of sound. They feature powerful dual 8” woofers so that you’ll get just the right linear movement to give you the lower bass frequencies that you’re after.
Bass frequencies are often forgotten about on larger speakers, but that won’t be the case with these speakers. So you won’t have to worry about buying a subwoofer to get the fully rounded sound that you’re after.
These Fluance speakers also work to deliver you clear mid and high range frequencies as well. They feature ultra high-end neodymium tweeters for the clearer high frequencies. They also feature a unique midrange pointed dome, which allows sound waves to get right into the center of the woven glass fiber cone, so you get the best sound possible.
- Pair of speakers – you get a quality pair of speakers well under your budget
- High fidelity – no need to worry about distortion
- High quality – manufactured using premium quality components for better sound quality
- Heavy – speakers are on the heavier side
- Mastering precision and sonic accuracy, the Signature Series uses only premium components that ensure high fidelity sound transporting the concert into your living room
- Powerful dual 8" woofers provide optimal linear movement resulting in a low frequency bass performance that is clean, deep and controlled
- Ultra high-end Neodymium tweeters produce high frequencies with captivating clarity
- Unique midrange pointed dome allows sound waves to travel directly from the center of the woven glass fiber cone for an enhanced soundstage so every song is indistinguishable from the original recording
- Acoustically inert, the cabinets are precision crafted with engineered MDF wood to create a warm, distortion-free sound; A solid 1.4" thick front baffle bears chamfered edges to significantly decrease sound diffraction
The SVS Prime Tower Speakers is another solid choice if you’re looking for a pair of floor standing speakers under $2,000. These two speakers clock in at under half your budget, giving you plenty of wiggle room if you wanted to purchase additional speakers for a complete home theatre or media system. These particular speakers are also available in two great colors: black or piano gloss.
You’ll get a full range of sound with the SVS Prime Tower Speakers. These particular speakers feature high quality components to help you hear the high, mid, and low range frequencies for a fully rounded sound.
These speakers feature dual 6.5” woofers, which deliver the deep and articulate bass that you’re after. So you’ll be able to have a more immersive experience when watching your favorite films and listening to your favorite music.
These speakers also feature a 1” aluminum dome tweeter. This dome tweeter is light, efficient, and rigid, so as to deliver the crystal clear sound quality that you’re after. These speakers also feature a 4.5” midrange driver to give you the full range of sound that you need from a set of floor standing speakers.
Another handy feature of these speakers is their slim design. You won’t have to worry about them taking up too much space in your home. You can easily fit them into your living room to complete your home cinema setup.
- Pair of speakers – you get two speakers as part of a set
- Full range of sound – speakers work to give you the low, mid, and high range frequencies that you’re after
- Quality components – manufactured using high quality components for durability
- Best for movies – some audiophiles argue these are better suited for movies than music
- 2 - Prime Tower Speaker (Premium Black Ash)
- Dual 6.5-inch woofers deliver effortlessly deep and articulate bass to set the mood and punctuate the low-end impact of instruments basslines and movie sound effects.
- 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter is light efficient and rigid and plays crystal clear at high volume
- Innovative SoundMatch Crossover Design
- 4.5" Midrange driver
Searching for the best floor standing speakers under $200 can be a real challenge. There are so many factors to consider outside of your chosen budget. What are the features that you should prioritize in a set of speakers? It’s hard to know what to look for if you haven’t had to buy a slightly more expensive speaker before.
That’s why we’ve put together this helpful buyer’s guide to give you all the information you need before you make your purchase. The below factors will help you to consider what you need to look for in a floor standing speaker before you commit to your purchase.
As long as you have thought about the below factors before you click buy, you can rest assured that you are buying the right floor standing speaker for your needs.
Let’s take a look at everything you need to know about floor standing speakers under $200 below, or skip ahead to the frequently asked questions.
Number of speakers
One of the most important things you will need to bear in mind when choosing the best floor standing speakers under $2,000 is how many speakers are included. You may think you’ve found a bargain with that high quality speaker clocking in under budget. But what if that price is just for a single speaker?
Sometimes choosing the best floor standing speaker for your needs might mean buying two separate speakers before you can complete your sound system. It will be important to ensure that you are buying as many speakers as you need to get a full range of sound.
Another important factor to consider is choosing a set of floor standing speakers that are able to deliver high fidelity sound. This basically means you won’t have to worry about distortion when you crank up the volume.
High fidelity speakers will be able to deliver a better quality sound on the whole, which will be appreciated by keen audiophiles.
High quality components
You will want to choose a set of floor standing speakers that come with high quality components. This is because they will be able to deliver the full range of sound that you’re after. Speakers that use the best quality components will also last you for much longer.
Think about the size of the tweeter that’s included, as well as the woofers. You will need to choose high quality components that combine to deliver the low, mid, and high range frequencies.
A lot of speakers tend to neglect the lower bass frequencies, which sometimes means you have to combine them with a subwoofer to get the full range of sound that you’re after.
Size and weight
Think about where you’re going to place your new set of floor standing speakers. Have you got enough room for them in your living room? The vast majority of floor standing speakers feature a taller style of speaker. These should be able to fit either side of your television set, or fit comfortably next to your media system.
It will also be worth considering how much the speakers weigh. If you need to move the speakers around the room at any point, this may become an important factor. Floor standing speakers are often weighty objects because of all the quality components they feature.
If you’re overly concerned about the amount of money you’re spending on a set of floor standing speakers, it will be worth ensuring your chosen set comes with a warranty. This will give you better peace of mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best floor standing speakers under $200?
The best floor standing speakers under $200 are:
- Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II Tower Speaker
- Klipsch RP-8000F Floorstanding Speaker
- BIC Acoustech 3-Way Floor Speakers
- Fluance Signature HiFi 3-Way Floorstanding Tower Speakers
- SVS Prime Tower Speakers
How do I choose floor standing speakers under $200?
There are several factors that you will need to consider when it comes to choosing the best floor standing speakers under $200.
This includes thinking about how many speakers are included, whether these speakers give you high fidelity, whether they use high quality components, the size and weight of the speakers, if they give you a full range of sound, and the length of the warranty that’s included.
Last update on 2022-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API