- Best Bookshelf Speaker Stands – A Helpful Guide
- 1. PERLESMITH Bookshelf Speaker Stands
- 2. Atlantic Adjustable Speaker Stands
- 3. Sanus Adjustable Height Speaker Stands
- 4. ECHOGEAR Bookshelf Speaker Stands
- 5. Mounting Dream Speaker Stands
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently asked questions
Best Bookshelf Speaker Stands – A Helpful Guide
You’ve done the research and bought yourself a shiny new set of bookshelf speakers.
These are top quality speakers, and you won’t want the sound ruined by vibrations from your bookshelves or sub par speaker stands. You want to achieve the best sound possible to create an enviable home sound system.
A set of bookshelf speaker stands can help elevate the sound of your new speakers and create the best audio experience possible. However, with so many different speaker stands on the market, it can be difficult to find the best bookshelf speaker stands for your needs.
Not to worry! We’ve done all the hard work for you. After looking at hundreds of products, we’ve whittled the list down to the 5 best bookshelf speaker stands available. Take a look at the best bookshelf speaker stands that we’ve highlighted below!
The PERLESMITH bookshelf speaker stands will be the perfect addition to your home stereo setup. These speaker stands offer a range of great qualities to help you make the most out of your new bookshelf speakers.
The stands feature a helpful structure for cable management, tool free assembly, as well as an adjustable 45 degree adjustable top plate. You can use these speaker stands in tandem with your bookshelf speakers to create the perfect environment for you to relax or enjoy your favorite music.
Another great feature of these speaker stands is that they are widely compatible with different bookshelf speakers. They have been designed to be universal, so you won’t have to worry about buying a set of stands that only works with your preferred brand of speaker.
These bookshelf speaker stands are suitable for use with Klipsch, Sony, Yamaha, and many more.
These speaker stands will last you for many years to come. Both bookshelf speaker stands feature a heavy duty, sturdy construction to be as long lasting as possible.
The stands also feature carpet spikes and rubber pads so that you can easily adjust them to your flooring. The rubber pads will also prevent the stands from marking your floor.
The PERLESMITH bookshelf speaker stands work to maximize the sound quality of your chosen speakers.
The premium metal and glass speaker stands work to minimize resonances, while also providing the stability your speakers needs. These speaker stands are suitable for all speakers up to the weight of 22lbs.
- Versatile – can be used with a wide variety of bookshelf speakers
- Easy to set up – no tools required to build the speaker stands
- Adjustable – top plate can be adjusted by up to 45 degrees for customized listening experience
- Height – the height isn’t adjustable
- CABLE MANAGEMENT - Large hole for running cables through the tube to keep messy wires clean and organized
- COMPATIBILITY - Universal surround sound speaker stand system for satellite speakers, Klipsch, Sony, Yamaha, Edifier, Polk & Other bookshelf speakers, and more up to 22lbs
- TOOL-FREE ASSEMBLY - Just put the speaker on the stand and isolation pads are included to further dampen vibrations and unwanted resonances
- ROBUST & HEAVY-DUTY DESIGN - Premium metal and glass speaker stands to help minimise resonances and provide added stability. Built in carpet spikes and rubber pads to meet different needs and protect floors from scratching
- 45°ADJUSTABLE TOP PLATE - 45 degree adjustable mount for speaker positioning to customize your listening experience
The Atlantic adjustable speaker stands are the perfect fit for your home entertainment system. These speaker stands feature an adjustable mount that you can adapt by up to 45 degrees.
Perfect if you want to move your speakers to meet the right angle for your listening needs! They feature non-marring feet so you don’t have to worry about marking your floor.
Another great feature of these bookshelf speaker stands is that they are great for wire management. You won’t have to worry about having loads of wires all over the place with these speaker stands in your home.
The pedestal of the speaker features a hollow tube with rear access so that you can keep everything clean and organized.
Everything about these speaker stands has been built to last. The stands are manufactured using steel to be long lasting.
This durable material also makes them suitable for holding speakers that weigh up to 20lbs. So you can rest assured that your new speaker stands will last you for many years to come!
These bookshelf speaker stands are also super easy to assemble. You can easily assemble your new set of speakers within minutes and you won’t need any complicated tools to do so.
- Wire management – hollow pedestal for easier cable management
- Adjustable mount – speaker mount can be adjusted up to 45 degrees for optimal listening environment
- 20lbs – suitable for use with speakers weighing up to 20lbs
- Security – can’t secure speakers to the stand
- ADJUSTABLE – the set of 2 bookshelf speaker stands have a 45 degree adjustable mount for speaker positioning. They are the perfect addition to your home entertainment system allowing you to find the ideal position for your speakers.
- WIRE MANAGEMENT – the pedestal of the speaker stand is hollow with a rear access opening for wire management offering a clean and organized look.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION – the steel construction means you can place speakers weighing up to 20lbs and safely enjoy your speaker stands for years to come.
- EASY ASSEMBLY – the Atlantic Speaker Stands have non-marring feet and can be assembled in minutes. The measurements of the speaker stands are 10” x 10” x 30”.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - our Customer Service team, based right here in the U.S.A. works hard to provide support for a wide assortment of items. For more than 30 years, California based Atlantic, Inc., receive calls with various questions about our products and we apply our best possible efforts to deliver the best possible solution for your purchase.
The Sanus adjustable height speaker stands are just the thing if you’re looking for a set of height adjustable stands to match your lightweight speakers.
These stands give you an impressive 10 inches worth of height adjustment, so you can find the perfect angle and height for your needs. You can hold your speakers from a height between 28 inches and 38 inches.
These stands have been built to last. They feature a sturdy steel construction that makes use of a wide base to deliver high quality sound.
A handy feature of these stands is that they feature a top plate, L shaped brackets, and a keyhole adapter to maximize their compatibility with your chosen set of bookshelf speakers.
Another handy feature of these bookshelf speaker stands is their cable management. These stands make use of a built in cable management channel so that you can keep all of your speakers’ wires in one place. You won’t have to worry about your floor being covered in rogue cables.
These Sanus adjustable height speaker stands have been designed for smaller setups. These stands are suitable for use with a variety of brands, as long as the speakers weigh up to 3.5lbs. These speaker stands are ideal for smaller bookshelf speakers or regular speakers.
- Adjustable height – features an adjustable height to get the best listening experience
- Durable – constructed from sturdy steel for longevity
- Versatile – can be used to support a variety of speakers up to 3.5lbs
- Small bookshelf speakers – best suited for smaller bookshelf speakers because of the mount style
- Versatile design holds satellite speakers up to 3.5 lbs. These speaker stands are compatible with Bose, Harmon Kardon, Polk, JBL, Sony, and more.
- Optimize your listening experience with 10" of height adjust. Easy to use collar makes height changes a breeze. Holds your speakers between 28" - 38".
- Built from steel with a wide base to deliver high-quality sound. Built-in cable management channel helps keep your speaker wire out of the way.
- Set Includes top plate, L-shaped brackets and keyhole adapter to maximize compatibility with your speakers.
- Experience the Sanus difference. Comes with a 5-year warranty, and top-notch customer service. Our experts are ready to chat 7 days a week if you have questions or run into a snag.
The ECHOGEAR bookshelf speaker stands are perfect for your speaker setup if you have heavier bookshelf speakers. These stands are suitable for use with speakers weighing up to 20lbs.
A great feature of these stands is that they can be used with a variety of speaker brands. They can be used with pretty much any speaker, including Vizio, Klipsch, Bose, Sony, and many more.
These speaker stands measure 29.9 inches tall. This puts them at ear height so that you can make the most of your chosen speakers. The stands also feature 5 inch x 5 inch top plates so that you can give your speakers a more secure place to sit.
The energy absorbing MDF pillar also ensures that there are no vibrations to mess with the sound quality of your speakers.
Another great feature is the built in cable management. You can easily run all of your speaker’s cables through the body of the speaker stand. This will be perfect if you want a tidier set up, and won’t have to worry about tripping over any rogue wires.
The ECHOGEAR bookshelf speaker stands are super easy to install. You get all of the hardware you need with the stands themselves, and all you need is a screwdriver to help assemble the base.
A handy feature of these stand bases is that you can easily choose between rubber feet or carpet spikes to suit your home. Rubber spikes are ideal for wooden or laminate flooring to help eliminate vibrations. The carpet spikes are ideal for giving your stands better grip and balance on carpet.
- Heavy duty – durable materials that can support speakers of up to 20lbs
- Better sound – features an MDF pillar and rubber feet to minimize vibrations for better sound quality
- Cable management – includes built in cable management system for a cleaner setup
- Can’t be attached to speakers – speakers can’t be secured to the stands
- These speaker stands will work with what you've got. Built to be compatible with pretty much every major speaker brand out there. That includes Vizio, Klipsch, Bose, Sony, JBL, & More. Effortlessly Holds speakers up to 20lbs.
- Standing at 29.9" tall, this pair of stands hold your home theater speakers or studio monitors at sitting ear height for the best sound. 5" x 5" top plate gives your speakers a secure place to sit.
- When it comes to speaker stands, don't listen to Marky Mark and/or the Funky Bunch. There's no such thing as good vibrations. The solid MDF construction eliminates vibrations that will make your fancy speaker sound like a piece of trash.
- Keep your speaker wire under control with the built-in cable management channel. Now you won't worry about tripping when the Stan Bush tunes start pumping!
- From the box to your speaker in under 15 minutes. We've included all the hardware in the box, so you can get these pups installed quickly. Also includes rubber pads for vibration reduction, plus carpet spikes.
The Mounting Dream speaker stands are the perfect fit for versatility. They have been constructed with universal compatibility in mind.
This set of bookshelf speaker stands is suitable for use with a variety of speaker brands, including Bose, Sony, and Yamaha. These speaker stands are compatible with the majority of speakers that weigh up to 11lbs.
A great feature of these stands in particular is that they are height adjustable. They feature extendable tubes that allow you to adjust the height of the speakers to best suit your listening environment.
The stands can easily be adjusted between 33 inches to 42 inches to help you achieve the best sound system for your needs.
You won’t have to worry about these stands toppling over every time you close your door. They feature a wide base to give them the stability they need to stay upright.
The base measures 9.8 x 9.8 inches to give the speakers the stable base they need. The stands themselves have been constructed using heavy duty steel, so will last you for many years to come.
These speaker stands also come with built in cable management. This helps you to keep all of your speakers’ wires in one place, and create a cleaner home environment. They feature an enlarged hole design to make this easier for your needs. The stands themselves are also super easy to assemble.
- Versatile – suitable for use with a variety of speakers
- Height adjustable – can easily adjust the height between 33 inches to 42 inches
- Easy assembly – easily put the speaker stands together within minutes
- Fixed height – height of the speaker stands isn’t adjustable
- 👉 UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY - Pair of black sturdy satellite speaker stands hold most speakers up to 11 lbs. They are compatible with Bose, Polk, JBL, Sony, Yamaha and most other satellite surround loudspeakers.
- 👉 HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT - Rear speaker stands with extendable tubes allow to adjust the height from 33" to 42" for optimal listening experience. This surround sound speaker stands are perfect for your home/theater entertainment system
- 👉 STABILITY & SAFETY - 9.8 x 9.8 inch wide base and top plates with square shape ensure your speaker to stand in a way more stable and balanced. The bookshelf speaker stand is made of heavy duty steel, which provides both durability and fashionable appearance
- 👉 EASY ASSEMBLY - Our speaker stands can be assembled in minutes. With multiple attachment options, these floor speaker stands can work on speakers with different mounting holes. Please check your speaker holes location before purchase
- 👉 WIRE MANAGEMENT - With concealed wire path, this floor speaker stand is designed with cable hole( 0.8“ W x 1.73" H), which keeps potentially messy cords clean and organized. The enlarged hole design also makes wire management much easier.
Trying to find the right set of bookshelf speaker stands for your needs can be a challenge. It’s easy to get overwhelmed with the sheer choice of speaker stands available on the market.
While it’s tempting to buy the first set of stands that you discover, there are a few things you will need to consider first.
You will of course need to ensure that your chosen bookshelf speaker stands are suitable for use with your preferred set of bookshelf speakers. However, there are many more factors that you might not have considered.
We’ve put them all together below in a handy buyer’s guide to help you choose the best bookshelf speaker stands for your needs. Take a look at everything you’ll need to think about below, or skip ahead to the frequently asked questions.
One of the most important features to consider is the supported height of your new speaker stands. You won’t want to have spent a fortune on the best possible speaker stands only to find out they’re only able to support smaller speakers that weigh a couple of pounds.
You should make sure that you know the weight of your individual speakers before you buy your new stands, just to make sure that the stands will be able to accommodate them. If your speakers weigh upwards of 15 pounds, you won’t want to choose a stand that’s only able to support 11 pounds!
Of course, you will want a set of speaker stands that actually support your chosen speakers. If you have a preferred set of speaker brand based on sound, you will want to choose the set of stands that’s able to better accentuate this sound.
Ensure that your new speaker stands are able to support your preferred brand of speaker, such as Sony or Bose. Depending on the size and weight of your speakers, you may need to invest in a custom stand that’s capable of supporting them.
Factors that dictate whether the speaker stand is suitable for your set of speakers will include the weight of your speakers, whether they need to be physically attached to the stands, what mounting hardware is included and whether it fits your speaker, and more.
Once you’ve got your new speakers set up on their stands, you won’t want to have loads of cables trailing around the place. Not only is it a potential trip hazard, but it also makes your home look untidy.
Look for a set of bookshelf speaker stands that come with built in cable management. These should help your cables to run through the hollow tubing of the stand itself, and keep all of the essential cables in place. This will make for a much cleaner home environment!
You should consider the width of the hole that accommodates the wires, too. You may need to choose a set with a larger hole to accommodate more wires, depending on the setup of your particular speakers.
Height is an important factor when it comes to choosing the best bookshelf speaker stand. That’s because the height of your speakers can affect the quality of the sound they produce.
To get the most of your speakers, they should be sat at ear height. Depending on the size of your speakers, this should be at roughly 37 inches.
You should choose a set of bookshelf speaker stands that’s able to best accommodate your speakers so that they sit at this height. Depending on the size of your speakers, you should look for a set of stands that measure between 24 to 26 inches.
Another factor to consider is how easy the stands are to assemble. There’s nothing worse than having to spend hours putting together the stands you need just so you can use them!
You should also consider what hardware is needed to build them, and see whether the stands include these as standard. You typically will need a screwdriver to put everything together, but it will be worth checking whether you need to buy one of these additionally.
A great indicator of this is to check out other customer’s reviews. These should be able to tell you how easy the bookshelf speaker stands were to put together for the average consumer.
Frequently asked questions
Should bookshelf speakers be on stands?
Yes, bookshelf speakers need to be on stands. This is because despite the misleading name, they actually sound much better when given stands to perform their job effectively.
This gives you more freedom in terms of where you can place them in your home. You can position them together or as far apart as you want to get the best sound quality.
Placing your bookshelf speakers on stands will also give them better acoustics than they can achieve by being sat on a bookshelf. You will also want your bookshelf speakers to be sat at ear level to get the best results from them.
Do speaker stands improve sound?
Yes, speaker stands do improve sound. Placing your speakers on stands means that you can space them out as needed to get better sound quality, and you can set them at the right height.
You can also achieve better acoustics this way for a clearer, better quality sound.
What is the best height for speaker stands?
Ideally you will want your speakers sat at ear height. This should be roughly about 37 inches above the floor.
So the best height for speaker stands will be between 24 to 26 inches depending on your height while sitting down. It will also depend on the size of the speakers themselves, too.
Last update on 2021-06-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API