- Best Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers 2021 – Top 5 Picks; Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Best Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers
- 1. Innovative Technology Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers
- 2. OSD Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers BTR-150
- 3. Homewell Outdoor Rock Speaker Premium Solar-Powered Wireless Bluetooth 5.0
- 4. Roaming Light Outdoor Bluetooth Rock Speaker
- 5. ION Audio Glow Stone Bluetooth Speakers
- What are Rock Speakers?
- Pros of Using Outdoor Rock Speakers
- How to Choose the Best Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers
- Wrap Up on Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers
Best Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers 2021 – Top 5 Picks; Buyer’s Guide
Looking for the best Bluetooth outdoor rock speakers? Then you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, we’re reviewing our top 5 picks in 2021 and sharing a detailed buying guide to help you pick the right product for your needs and budget.
5 Best Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 10.5 x 8 inches
- Power: 5 watts
- Bluetooth Range: up to 33 feet
- Connections: Bluetooth, USB
Kicking off our list with a widely popular option among audiophiles with a knack for landscaping, the Innovative Technology Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers are what we call truly wireless speakers. They connect via Bluetooth and pair quickly with smartphones, tablets, and even laptops, offering a maximum range of 33 feet.
Not only do they feature reliable Bluetooth connectivity, but they’re also equipped with a rechargeable battery. With a 5200 mAh capacity, it charges via a USB adapter and can last for up to 10 hours at maximum volume or up to 30 hours at low volume.
Keep in mind that the highest volume isn’t as loud as most other outdoor speakers due to their power output of just 5 watts. Still, this is more than sufficient power to accommodate smaller outdoor settings.
Combined with a speaker size of 3.5 inches, you’ll play loud enough for your household residents to enjoy without bursting your neighbor’s eardrums. Not to mention, these rock speakers are very easy to use, so anyone can set up and play them.
There’s a bit of a bumper here because the audio specs aren’t available even in the manual. Most users vouch for their impressive sound quality, but you’ll have a hard time figuring out exactly what you’re getting.
Designed to withstand all weather conditions including rain, snow, and harsh sun, the Innovative Technology Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers are suitable for year-round listening and require minimal maintenance. Sold in pairs, these speakers blend well in gardens, patios, and backyards.
- WIRELESS OUTDOOR ROCK SPEAKER – Innovative Technology's 5-Watt True Wireless Waterproof Outdoor Rock Speakers are packed with powerful sound and deliver crisp clear audio. They are perfect for outdoor parties, BBQ or hanging by the pool
- BLEND WELL IN OUTDOOR SPACE – These rock-like speakers have a rugged exterior that blends seamlessly in a garden, patio or backyard. They remain perfectly hidden and deliver beautiful, rich sound
- DESIGNED FOR YEAR-ROUND USE – The rock speakers can withstand all weather conditions. They require minimal maintenance - leave them out in rain, snow or harsh sun - they'll work just fine each time
- LONG-RANGE BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY – The built-in Bluetooth pairs quickly with smartphones, tablets and even laptops. Enjoy unlimited wireless streaming from your favorite streaming apps, internet radio or play music stored on any Bluetooth-enabled device
- UP TO 30 HOURS ON ONE CHARGE – The speakers come with a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts up to 30 hours, with a play time of 10 hours on maximum volume. Includes a Micro USB port, USB charging cables and an adapter
- Impressive sound quality
- Weatherproof construction
- Long battery life
The driver is on the smaller side
- Dimensions: 9 x 9.1 x 5.9 inches (L x H x D)
- Power: 120 watts
- Bluetooth Range: up to 150 feet
- Connections: Bluetooth, wired
- Frequency Response: 38Hz – 20kHz
If you’re looking for powerful Bluetooth patio speakers with long-range connectivity, then the OSD Slate Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers BTR-150 could be exactly what you need. They’re weather-resistant, featuring aerospace-grade multi-layer composite cabinetry to provide extended use.
Thanks to their reliable Bluetooth connectivity, these speakers offer a maximum unobstructed range of 150 feet, while an obstructed line of sight can play as far as 75 feet. Additionally, the built-in amplifier makes the setup process as simple as plugging in and blasting music.
The impressive construction of these OSD speakers includes an IP67 rated waterproof power supply that’ll have you enjoying your investment for many years. For the 5.25 inch model, the woofer is a polypropylene cone with a butyl rubber surround and the tweeter is a 2-inch dual cone.
The BTR-150 is an excellent option for an aesthetically-pleasing rock speakers pair that’ll blend seamlessly in your yard, garden, patio, or pool area. It produces great-sounding music, but the quality does vary depending on the size of your listening space.
The manufacturer recommends setting up these speakers with a maximum of 25 feet apart to achieve the best sound quality and coverage. If you’re looking to cover a particularly large area, then we suggest going for something bigger.
Keep in mind that only the master speaker receives the Bluetooth connection, which means you’ll still need to run a wire between the master and pairing speaker to get the full audio experience from both. The BTR-150 comes in brown, grey, and slate finishes.
- SOUND QUALITY: The BTR150 Outdoor Rock Speaker kicks out 120 watts of high power, producing a clear and rich sound. It contains a 2” dual cone tweeter and injected molded polypropylene woofer.
- APPEARANCE: This speaker is a fun and unique design to seamlessly integrate into your garden, pool, yard, deck, or other favorite outdoor environment due to its realistic rock appearance.
- OUTDOOR: With the ability to seamlessly blend in with your home landscape, the OSD Audio Outdoor Rock Speaker is ideal for filling large backyards or patios not just with design, but with surround sound.
- DURABLE: The wireless BTR150 pair is fabricated to withstand rain, temperatures and other harsh weather conditions with the included IP67 waterproof power supply.
- BLUETOOTH: The maximum unobstructed range to play music in your backyard from a device is 150 feet while an obstructed line of sight can play up to 75 feet for the ultimate bass feature.
- Long Bluetooth range
- Sturdy construction
- Waterproof power supply
- Powerful output
- Only the master speaker receives Bluetooth
- Not the punchiest bass
- Dimensions: 11.2 x 9.24 x 8.45 inches (W x D x H)
- Power: 10 watts
- Bluetooth Range: up to 30 feet
- Connections: Bluetooth, USB
Another fantastic option for a pair of Bluetooth outdoor speakers that resembles a real-life rock is this one from Homewell. Not only does it deliver great sound and impressive durability, but it also offers lots of value for money.
Construction-wise, these speakers can resist all sorts of weather conditions so you can keep listening to your favorite music whether it’s raining, snowing, or shining bright.
One of our favorite features in the Homewell Bluetooth outdoor rock speakers is that they’re solar-powered. They’re equipped with a solar panel that uses energy from the sun to charge wirelessly while you listen to your tunes.
The powerful 2000 mAh battery allows for up to 8 to 12 hours of listening per single charge. Besides the solar panel, you can also charge the battery using the included charging cable.
As for Bluetooth connectivity, it’s very simple with just a touch of a button and offers a range of up to 30 feet. Homewell supports Bluetooth 5.0 pairing with both speakers.
- WEATHER RESISTANT - Built to withstand outdoor conditions, listen to your favorite music rain or shine.
- SOLAR POWERED - The solar panel allows you to charge the speaker wirelessly while you listen to your favorite songs using your Bluetooth powered device.
- POWEFUL BATTERY LIFE - Up to 8-12 hours of music on a single charge. The speaker can be charged via the solar panel or by using the included charging cable.
- WIRELESS – The speaker can be paired via Bluetooth up to 30 feet away, with just a touch of a button connect your Bluetooth enabled device and listen. Includes Bluetooth 5.0 to pair with 2 speakers for an immersive experience.
- ELEGANT DESIGN – Blends right into any environment while providing a high quality sound experience. Perfect for any setting, the speaker fits with any décor or terrain.
- Great value for money
- Can be charged via solar energy as well as regular cable
- Supports pairing with both speakers
- Decent battery life
- A bit lacking in bass
- Not the longest range
- Dimensions: 10.62 x 7.87 x 10.23 inches (W x D x H)
- Power: 10 watts
- Bluetooth Range: up to 50 feet
- Connections: Bluetooth, USB
If you’re searching for a budget-friendly Bluetooth outdoor speaker, then consider this one from Roaming Light. This is the medium size from the company’s Solar Bluetooth Rock Speakers.
In terms of looks, this speaker has what it takes to seem as realistic as possible in any outdoor setting. Not to mention, the IP44 grade waterproof resin construction boosts durability for year-round use.
This speaker is designed to work in both single and pair modes. It supports Bluetooth connectivity without the need for any third-party apps, offering a range of up to 50 feet.
If such distance doesn’t provide enough coverage for your outdoor area, then simply buy another speaker and use them together. The sound quality is pretty nice thanks to the 10-watt high-fidelity with a precision horn.
What’s more, this speaker is solar-powered, so you’ll be saving on your utility bills as long as there’s access to sunlight. For cloudy and snowing days, you can charge using the included USB cable.
The rechargeable Lithium battery should last for a minimum of 1year time, with a 2000mAh capacity that ensures a continuous playing time of up to 8 hours per full charge.
- ~Bluetooth：5.0 compatible, connects in seconds
- ~Pairable: hook random two speakers up to work in pair
- ~Solar Powered: Wireless charged by sunshine
- ~USB Charging: Optional quick charging way for cloudy and snowing days
- ~Battery: Rechargeable Lithium Battery 2000mAh included
- Affordable price tag
- IP44 grade waterproof resin construction
- Solar-power and USB charging options
- Easy setup
- The sound quality could use some work
- Dimensions: 10.04 x 9.45 x 9.84 inches (W x D x H)
- Power: 12 watts
- Bluetooth Range: —
- Connections: Bluetooth, USB
Last but not least, the ION Audio Glow Stone Bluetooth Speakers promises a great-sounding outdoor experience coupled with a long-lasting rechargeable battery to save you the hassle of cords and wires.
The ION Glow Stone Bluetooth Speakers allow you to play your favorite songs wirelessly from any Bluetooth-enabled device. It also comes with a 1/8-inch Aux input option for non-Bluetooth devices, ensuring maximum flexibility.
The sturdy 5-inch speakers deliver 12 watts of dynamic power to give you vibrant and lifelike sound quality. In addition to the common “rock” look, the built-in LEDs glow in multiple colors to create a cool lava effect. You get to choose the display colors and patterns.
What’s more, there’s a solar panel mounted on top of the unit to recharge the battery outdoors, or you can use the USB cable on cloudy days. The ION Glow Stone can pair with a second speaker if you decide to buy two.
Lightweight and portable, this speaker features iPX4 water-resistant construction so it can withstand rain without problems.
- Long-lasting battery
- Compatible with Bluetooth and non-Bluetooth Devices
- Built-in LEDs create a lava effect
- Quite expensive
- Require re-syncing after each time you turn off the master speaker
What are Rock Speakers?
When they first hear about it, most people think that “rock speakers” are some type of audio device meant for listening to rock ‘n’ roll music. But the truth is much simpler — rock speakers are just speakers shaped as actual rocks.
Some of these speakers are wired to an amplifier or audio receiver, while others support Bluetooth connectivity to Bluetooth-enabled devices – although they might still require a power cable if not exclusively solar-powered.
Pros of Using Outdoor Rock Speakers
Compared to any other Bluetooth outdoor speakers, the appearance of rock speakers is their biggest advantage. While most outdoor speakers look like, well, speakers, rock outdoor speakers simply don’t.
Not only can conventional outdoor speakers ruin the natural aesthetic of your landscape, but their obvious looks may also cause thieves to target them. On the other hand, rock speakers will blend right in!
They’re often available in brown and grey colors, which allows them to closely resemble other rocks on your property and also makes them harder to spot.
How to Choose the Best Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers
Although Bluetooth outdoor rock speakers tend to look very similar, their internals can be quite different. To choose the best Bluetooth outdoor rock speakers for your needs and budget, there are a few aspects you should consider before making a purchase.
Here are the most important ones:
Several specs affect the final audio quality of speakers, including frequency response and drivers. For example, a wider frequency response will produce a better bass, but how well that bass gets pumped out depends on the number and type of drivers included.
This means that, for the most part, you’ll either have to trust reviews describing the sound quality or experience it yourself.
In general, rock speakers are constructed to offer long-lasting performance. They’re meant to be used outdoors, so almost all models are resistant to rain, snow, and extreme heat.
This durability is also beneficial if you have kids running around and poking stuff they’re curious about.
Connectivity & Installation
Unlike wired rock outdoor speakers, which are rarely plug-and-play devices, Bluetooth speakers offer you the convenience of wireless connectivity.
They don’t require physical attachment to other components of an audio system, such as an amplifier or audio, allowing you a certain level of flexibility that cords can’t — especially with their limited lengths.
As for installation, it’s way easier when you get speakers that support Bluetooth and wireless connectivity. Also, be sure to check reviews for the simplicity of pairing in case you buy multiple speakers.
Power for Operating Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers
Finally, Bluetooth outdoor rock speakers require power to operate — as with all types of electronics.
In audio speakers, power is measured in watts. The higher watts, the more powerful the speaker output.
More power translates into a higher full volume as well as clearer sound at lower volumes.
Most Bluetooth outdoor rock speakers are equipped with batteries to allow for cordless operation. The charging options for these batteries are either via USB adapters or built-in solar panels.
With solar-powered models, the speaker gets its charge from the sun’s light which saves you money in utility bills. When the weather is cloudy, rainy, or snowing, the USB adapter will save the day.
Wrap Up on Bluetooth Outdoor Rock Speakers
Choosing the best Bluetooth outdoor rock speakers can be a tricky task, especially since they all look so similar. This is why we included only the top-performing products on the market to make sure you end up with a great deal no matter what.
That being said, we recommend the as today’s winner thanks to its realistic design, good sound quality, and durable construction.
You May Also Like:
Last update on 2021-04-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API